Wednesday, July 16, 2014

To Clarify...

Poor Aby and Cory and everyone over at the Skulduggery Facebook page. They've been hit with a barrage of questions about the Requiem Ball and they've been so great about it, but I finally felt sorry for them and decided to clear up a few things here.

Let's see now, what kind of questions have they had to deal with...?

"Why is the Requiem Ball in London? Derek's from Ireland. The books are set in Ireland. HELLO??"

This is absolutely true. However, in Ireland we have the Theatre of Shadows. In London we have the Requiem Ball. That's just the way it is.

"The Facebook page has a competition to send them a picture of the mask we'd wear to the Ball! Do we have to make it or just design it?"

Either. If you win tickets you'll need to be wearing a mask — one you make or one you buy, it doesn't matter — but for the competition you just have to design it yourself. And the mask can be as simple or as ornate as you like — as practical or as bizarre. It can cover your whole face or part of your face. You can buy a mask and alter it. It's up to you. You don't even have to be artistic — you just need to be passionate. The deadline is August 10th and there's only one entry per person.

"How many tickets do we get if we win?"

Everyone who wins gets two tickets — but those under the age of 18 can get an extra ticket for a parent/guardian.

"I can't make it to London for the Ball! But can I enter anyway, just for the Event Pack?"

Yup. There'll be lots of you in this particular boat — not only in Ireland and the UK but also all around the world — so don't be afraid to enter.

"It's not fair that all the events are always in Ireland and the UK."

Actually, it's pretty fair when you think about it. Harper Collins UK publish me in Ireland and the UK, so naturally they can only organise events for their own territories. They've been wonderful, actually, in doing their best to include as many people as possible. I hate leaving anyone out, I'd love every competition to be open to everyone and for every country to have cool stuff happening, but that's up to the many publishers who release my books across the world — and there are close to 40 of them.

"How many individual tickets are there?"

Approximately 120.

"Would we have to make our own way there?"

Yep!

"Is there any age limit?"

No upper age limit, but anyone under 18 would need a parent or guardian to accompany them.


There will be other opportunities to win tickets — the Facebook mask competition is merely the first — and it's a pretty cool one.


4,942 comments:

1 – 200 of 4942   Newer›   Newest»
The Grave of a Coward said...

(*raises hands to the sky*
*whispers* Hallelujah.)

The Grave of a Coward said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Trip.
*drinks*
At least you have Adra, even if . . . at least you have Adra. And Cara, too. And Cara. That's more than I can say.
*drains the glass*

Trip Castalan, Lord of The Hobbits, The Fourth Most Popular Folk/Parody Banana Thief In The Land said...

Hey, you have your tenants!

In a funny way, aren't they sort of like your children?

The Grave of a Coward said...

Eh, guests never stay for long.
*looks around at the sad little hotel*
I can't imagine why.
*sets the glass on the coffee table with a shaking hand*
. . . But I have friends, though. A couple. Like you, and like Adra, I suppose.

The Grave of a Coward said...

*a handful

Jemma said...

Us poor people who live on the other side of the planet...

Trip Castalan, Lord of The Hobbits, The Fourth Most Popular Folk/Parody Banana Thief In The Land said...

I'm sorry, but isn't that just the best username ever?
-----------------------------------------
Yeah, we'll always be there for you, buddy.

Seriously. Any time, come to my place and we'll live it up.

Jemma said...

I wonder what other competitions there will be...

The Grave of a Coward said...

I haven't been to your bar in ages . . .
*leans back and stares at the ceiling*
I miss it. There were always good times at your bar.

Anonymous said...

11TH!!!

Trip Castalan, Lord of The Hobbits, The Fourth Most Popular Folk/Parody Banana Thief In The Land said...

Yeah.

But all my regulars stopped coming. I guess I just stopped opening so much.

Alastair Cruciatus said...

My author would be painfully inclined to go, if she were able. As it is, she's convinced she needs to acknowledge her enthusiasm for the event in some way, so I'm doing it for her.

The Grave of a Coward said...

*looks across at Trip*
Well, if you need anyone to talk to, the Midnight Hotel is always open to you. I quite like talking to you. Sometimes.
*stares at the empty glass on the coffee table*
We're more alike than I once thought.
. . . Or maybe we're not. I don't know.
I'm a little drunk, truth be told.
*hic*

The Grave of a Coward said...

(That's precisely how I feel, Alistair. I wish I could go to the ball. Like Cinderella, except surrounded by lunatics and psychopaths.
What a lovely evening.)

Jemma said...

... I'm in science and bored out of my mind. You'd think that if we're mixing chemicals, the least they could let us do is blow something up.

Trip Castalan, Lord of The Hobbits, The Fourth Most Popular Folk/Parody Banana Thief In The Land said...

Yeah, you're a bit of a lightweight.

How old are you, in decades?

Anonymous said...

*cue the horrible Doctor Who puns*
*actually, don't, because I shall now poof*
Geronimo!
*is somehow in the TARDIS, wearing a tweed jacket, long-sleeved button down, dark pants, those shoes for which I have no name, and a bowtie*
*flips various switches and levers with glee* *the TARDIS dematerialises out of Blogland with that warping sound it makes*

Alastair Cruciatus said...

Perhaps it would be. Perhaps not. I doubt it'll affect me, either way, so I'm rather apathetic about the affair, in truth.

The Grave of a Coward said...

*mock astonishment*
My dear Tripstaff, don't you know you should never ask a woman her age?
*chuckles*
No, no, I understand. I am two hundred and twenty-three years of age, give or take a few months. Yourself?

Noelle said...

Thx Derek

Trip Castalan, Lord of The Hobbits, The Fourth Most Popular Folk/Parody Banana Thief In The Land said...

I don't actually know. Part of the whole total amnesia thing.

But, I can estimate to somewhere between one hundred and fifty and one hundred and seventy.

And how long have you been drinking heavily?

The Grave of a Coward said...

*shrugs*
Drinking makes one forget, Trippendale, and I forgot long ago. Asking one how long the've been drinking is like asking one to recall when they first got amnesia.
But it doesn't matter how long I've been drinking, eh? All that matters is how long I continue to drink.

The Grave of a Coward said...

*they've

Trip Castalan, Lord of The Hobbits, The Fourth Most Popular Folk/Parody Banana Thief In The Land said...

Well, it matters in the question of whether I should scold you or not for being a lightweight.

The Grave of a Coward said...

*laughs*
*an honest laugh this time*

Yes, I suppose you're right. My tolerance is shameful, considering how long I've been drinking. But it's your fault.
*pokes a finger at Trip*
You ought not to have brought me whiskey in the first place, if you didn't want to see me drunk.
*hic*

Holly said...

I would definitely enter my Skul mask. It's entirely hand painted and sculpted, so.

Holly said...

I would definitely enter my Skul mask. It's entirely hand painted and sculpted, so.

Elleni the Ghost said...

Thanks for the clarifications, Derek :)

Elleni the Ghost said...

I guess it's just how it works.
I wish I lived in Ireland or London...
But I hope I win a EVENT PACK! I'm having a party on the last day of summer break, which is a day before TDOTL comes out :P

Trip Castalan, Lord of The Hobbits, The Fourth Most Popular Folk/Parody Banana Thief In The Land said...

It's not that I didn't want to see you drunk, I have seen you drunk many a time, it's just that you had about five glasses and some tumbesoz and you're so drunk you might fall of your chair!


But you know what we should do? You know what we should do?

We should go on an adventure!

Elleni the Ghost said...

If you could Skype me then to see my friends, and hopefully Fabi and Dugg, that'd be great.

I doubt you will, but there's always hope :P

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Thank you for that clarification! I now can fail epically in the world of art-Zaffy

The Grave of a Coward said...

*thoughtfully squints at Trip*
What sort of adventure?

Calidae Dark said...

It's times like this where I really, really hate living as far away from London as humanely possible

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Derek Skyped me before, but I dunno if he'll do it...I hope but hey-Zaf

Elleni the Ghost said...

ASDFGHJKL

Trip Castalan, Lord of The Hobbits, The Fourth Most Popular Folk/Parody Banana Thief In The Land said...

I dunno, monster hunting trip?

Elleni the Ghost said...

Lucky

The Grave of a Coward said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elleni the Ghost said...

(Zaf~ Twitter)

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Oh lord...okay it was last November, and we had a Halloween party and I asked and Derek said sure. K you have to understand, Derek's hilaious. I'm short so we all stood up and he just goes; Wow yo really are short. Then he was teasing us about a cat who we saw walk down the hall, he picked up a mask or something and cuddled it and i had a Webkinz kitty that tried to eat him. -Zaffy

Elleni the Ghost said...

XD
I know

Dude, did you ask him on Twitter?

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Yeah, I tweeted like a week before and typical Derek lol, he decided to add me on Skype the day of. Here I am in history class tweeting him, then math class trying to figure out what he was saying. Then I think he was supposed to call at like 7, he called at 8 because he didn't think I told him our time difference xD I had the iPad and middle of dessert: DEREK IS CALLING, we legit ran into the living room so fast while answering oh gods that was funny.-Zaf

Elleni the Ghost said...

ASDFGHJKL OMG YOU'RE SO LUCKY
So you tweeted him your Skype?
How?
Like, publicly?? O.o

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Omg the Ravel story...

So I am in love with Ravel so Derek decides to have story time with us.

Zaf and Ravel were married for 30 years, we had 16 adopted children and Celine, one of the girls with us, and a cat that turned into a sheep. Then one day Zaf did something bad really really bad...she cheated on Ravel with Crux, so they had a divorce. And that's the story.

I can still hear him saying that. We yelled at him for LSODM too a bit. Well V threatened to kill him...omg...
-Zaf

Elleni the Ghost said...

Oh yeah you told me XD
CRUX!! XD HAHAHAHAHA

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

I told him to look for Zafira Kerias, then he asked me if I was the one from Pennsylvania I said yes and I logged in and added him. -Zaf

Elleni the Ghost said...

GASP
Zafira
Twitterrr

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

I think I'll go on a feel killing spree now.-Zaf

Elleni the Ghost said...

(I feel like I'm gonna DIE man)
OOH CAN I COME?

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

This is continuing the challenge. I never finished.-Zaf

Elleni the Ghost said...

(Ohhhh nevermind. What was yours agagin?)

Elleni the Ghost said...

(Welp. While you go back to killing, I'll go back to curling up and crying and trying to avoid people trying to kill me)

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Thor: You swore to save him, Zan.

Zanida: I tried Thor, tried like hell.

Thor: I know.

*watches the entire scene unfold, unable to scream I'm alive*

Zanida: Loki....*buries head against Thor, just collapsing to the ground in defeat, the image of the funeral ending*

Zanida, look at me: That was not real.

Zanida; You're....alive...IMPOSTER!!!

Zanida Laufeydottir, I am real. *gently picks her up* We have to get to the Bifrost.

Zanida: It's too late, Loki. Thor destroyed it.

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

((Mine is Loki and Zanida in Asgard, Zanida's fear is losing Loki, Loki's is fear of rejection.-Zaf

Elleni the Ghost said...

(Ah.)

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

The Tesseract.

Zanida: Uhm...Loki...Bruce is in Asgard.

I do not want to be smashed again. *puts Zanida down and is thrown into a wall* ENOUGH!!! You, all of you, are beneath me. I am a god and ai will not be bullied by a-

Hulk: *smashes Loki again* Puny god. *leaves*

*insert the very high pitched sound he made in The Avengers*

Snow said...

DAMNIT ANNIKA WHY MUST I ALWAYS MISS YOU


ASDFGHJKLASDFGUJKLJGSGDUWK

ALSO (ABOUT THE MASK THING)
DOES THAT MEAN US AUSSIES CAN STILL ENTER?!?!

The Grave of a Coward said...

(*shakes Snow's shoulders violently*
WHO SAYS YOU MISSED ME?)

Elleni the Ghost said...

Silver: *swipes the sword*

*rolls away*
*runs away, crying*

(WAIT what happens if we die in the dimension?)

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Zanida: *runs over to Loki* Oh great.

I don't have that drink, but at this point I'd say I'd like one.

Zanida: *sees Laufey* *pulls Loki up and spins him to see the Frost Giants coming* So...are we going to die?

Define die, I have thought worse until I have died.

Snow said...

ANNIKA

HELLO

YOU SAID ONE TIME YOU HAD QUOTEV

MAY I HAVE THE NAME SO I CAN FOLLOW YOU?!?!

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

((Well put it this way, we won't be able to revive you.-Zaf

The Grave of a Coward said...

(I do indeed have a Quotev, but my quizzes have declined in popularity over the weeks, though my first quiz got over five-thousand takers.
Anyway, I go by The Narrator when I'm on Quotev.)

Noelle said...

*Adra sits on a fallen tree, taking slow breaths*

Snow said...

I FOUND YOUUUUUUJ :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD


SOMEONE ELSE IS NOW FOLLOWING YOU

The Grave of a Coward said...

(Trip seems to have abandoned me, which is saddening.)

Elleni the Ghost said...

(I FOUND YOUUUU)

The Grave of a Coward said...

(How lovely! Take all of my quizzes at once.)

Snow said...

XD Elleni, I love how we both had the same reaction

Elleni the Ghost said...

@Snow: I know right XD

The Grave of a Coward said...

(Since Trippington is no longer here, I shall assume that I have passed out, inebriated, in my chair in the Midnight Hotel. Trip has since departed, leaving me blissfully asleep.)

The Grave of a Coward said...

(I am currently working on writing a fan fiction. I, personally, do not like fan fiction at all, but this one was just crying out to be written. It is a quick little tale about Gordon Edgely reading his favorite niece a most disturbing little bedtime story, written by himself, of course.)

Elleni the Ghost said...

(Hahaha aww that's cute)

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Zanida: *draws lance* Lets go fight them.

*fires sceptre at Laufey* I think we'll survive.

*an ice shard embeds itself into Zanida's face, and a ring of fire erupts burning any Frost Giant in her reach*

*grabs Zanida and pulls her away from the ring* Zan, the Bifrost isn't the only way out of Asgard, do you trust me?

Zanida: I trust you.

*keeps hold of her, picking her up and running towards the Bifrost*

Laufey: *grabs Loki by the horns of his helmet*

Zanida: LET GO OF US!!!

*another Frost Giant pulls Zanida away and Zanida freaks out and is dragged away from her brother*

Snow said...

(I took a quiz Clara, and I am proud to anounce I have, to quote you, "hella fashion style")

The Grave of a Coward said...

(That's . . .
*puts on sunglasses*
. . . hella cool.)

Noelle said...

Zafira..?

Snow said...

(XD quite.)

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

*gets away from Laufey, and fires the sceptre at Laufey, knocking him right off the bridge* ZANIDA!!! *runs toatds the castle, firing the sceptre at anyone standing in his way*

Zanida: *is locked in battle in the throne room, fighting 4 Frost Giants* *sends a wall of fire taking out three and stabs the fourth to death with her lance*

*looks inside Frigga's chambers, and does not see Zan* Where did they take her?!

Thor: Zanida is dead.

Liar, you would be distraught. You are a liar.

Thor: I do not.

*vanishes and appears behind Thor, making a beeline towards the weapons vault* *sees Zanida on her knees* Sister...

Zanida: I'm fine, I was stabbed in the arm, I'll live.

Come. We have to get out.

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

((Oh! Crap right. Yeah...uhm My challenge rp is gonna be on hold till...later.-Zaf))


*appears with Zanida near Adra* Hello Adrados. I hear that you are becoming fond of me.

Noelle said...

*Adra stiffens, and immediately gets to her feet, her hand tight around her cane* *Spits* Loki..

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

I see you missed me, Adra. I told your friend Alastair I would come to visit you. If only he had listened. For a Midgardian, you are very pretty.

Zanida: And very dead. *an ice shard forms in her hand*

Noelle said...

*Falls back in a defensive stance, quickly assessing the situation*
*Decides that he best call is to attack first, and darts towards Loki, aiming her elbow towards his throat*

The Grave of a Coward said...

*lies, passed-out, in the Hotel lobby*
*it's not the first time*

Alastair Cruciatus said...

*is still withdrawn, sorting through his names* *very tempted to go out to find Adra, but she'd left to gather her thoughts, and he wouldn't want to intrude upon time she needed for herself*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

*vanishes just before she would hit and appears behind her, sending a dagger towards her neck*

Zanida: *moves to stand where Loki was the ice shard held to hit Adra*

Noelle said...

*Ducks and rolls from between the two of them* *Her breathing will be heavy soon enough* Might I ask what I've done to be graced with such company?

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Well, you're very useful to me, Adra. Alastair cares about you, therefore you will be perfect to use against him. I can make this easy, or hard. Let me take you, and I will leave you unscathed until necessary, or I hurt you and force you to come with me.

Noelle said...

*Her eyes narrow, and she sinks back into a defensive position again, as an answer*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

As you wish.

Zanida: *moves to make a grab for Adra's wrist*

*sends a dagger directed to her heart*

Noelle said...

*Raises her palm, to create a layer of rock as a shield, so it would hit that instead, and loops her arm through the shield of rock, and swings it around, slamming it into Zanida's face*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Zanida: *staggers away, and sends a flame at the hand that hit her*

*appears behind Adra, and fires the sceptre at her from behind*

Noelle said...

Hello, Amy.
-
*Turns her hand, so the flame hits the curve of the shield, and flies out*
*Stumbles as the energy hits her from behind, stumbling to the ground* *Grins slightly with excitement*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

*goes over to her, and grabs her wrist, attempting to crush it* Zanida.

Zanida: *goes over to them, and goes to touch Adra's wrist*

Noelle said...

*She jumps up, her feet landing on Loki's chest, her eyes widening as she realizes what's going to happen* *Begins to kick furiously at him*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Zanida: *points the Tesseract at her, aiming to freeze her*

Noelle said...

*She stops, feeling the pulsing energy of the Tesseract* *Turns towards Loki, giving another attempt to pull her wrist away- her muscles haven't reformed enough to properly do it* Please let me go..

Amethyst Temerity said...

Hello Adra! Hello Zafira! How are you?

Amethyst Temerity said...

...and now I have to go. :( Bye.

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

No. I will not, Adra. *goes to poke her with the sceptre in the heart*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

((Bai Amythst

Noelle said...

*She pulls away, twisting around him, pulling and moving quickly to avoid him* *She screams*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

*hits her in the head hard with it* Be quiet, you mewling quim!

Noelle said...

*She crumbles to the ground, in a heap*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

*seems a little stunned* Good god...*this time tries again to poke her heart*

Zanida: I am slightly afraid Alastair may come.

Should he, we run and take her.

Noelle said...

*Her Philosopher's Stone begins to glow when the sceptre touches her heart*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

All I need is for that thing to explode. *sighs* ((He won't kill her he wants to contol her, that's what he's trying to do.-Zan

Noelle said...

((I'm aware of that.))

*Adra doesn't move from the ground*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Zanida: Do we kill her?

If you wish. ((Can we try? They don't know about your necklace

Noelle said...

(I'd rather you didn't... Anything else is on the table, but that.)

Noelle said...

(*Actually kill her, that is)

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

((Alright.))

No, lets torture her. *picks her up, ad grabs Zan and they appear in their home in the woods* *chains her to a wall* Now...Zan, I need the knives.

Zanida; *hands him the knives*

((I'm actually kinda wondering if Alastair will realize this.))

Noelle said...

*Her head drops* *She's screaming in her head*

Alastair Cruciatus said...

((I'd assumed the two of you specifically meant for me not to notice. Otherwise, it's likely enough that I'd pick up on it eventually, as the two of us are mentally linked, albeit loosely.))

Alastair Cruciatus said...

((Eventually being almost immediately, if she's screaming in her head.))

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

((You can eventually figure it out. -Zaf))

*starts to slowly cut into her face, writing Alastair's name*

Zanida: *freezes her arms, then burns the ice off making the flame burn her arms*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

((Well uhm...so long as they're revivable do what you seem fit, Alastair.-Zaf))

Alastair Cruciatus said...

*hears her screaming, slowly pulling himself from his mind* Adra...?

Noelle said...

*Tears burn down her cheeks, and she finds that she can't form coherent thought* *Opens her mouth to scream verbally, struggling against the chains*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

*finishes up the name, and then starts on the stomach, attempting to replicate a Midgardian autopsy*

Zanida: *freezes Adra's neck* Hmm...I never was fond of torture, but knowing it'll hurt Alastair helps.

Alastair Cruciatus said...

*appears in the room, still half disoriented, and slams a wall of air at both of the Asgardians, aiming to send them through the wall behind them*

Noelle said...

*Chokes on the blood that's falling down her face, and nearly passes out from the incisions that Loki makes* *Her fingers clench, and she cries out again in agony*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

*they both get sent through, and Loki appears behind Alastair, sending a dagger at him*

Zanida: *gets up and sends a stream of fire at Alastair*

Noelle said...

*Hangs there, bleeding out* *Her Philosopher's Stone begins to glow brightly*

Alastair Cruciatus said...

*moves himself between Adra and the Asgardians* *reaches a hand back to heal Adra, letting Loki's dagger hit him* *pulls oxygen away from Zanida's fire, starving it*

Noelle said...

*Breathes Alastair's name, her eyes rolling back into her head a little* We... We need to... Go...

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Zanida: *sends an ice shard at his eye* How does it feel to see your loved one hurt, Alastair? Do you know how it felt to see Loki hurt? DO YOU?!

Alastair Cruciatus said...

*lets it hit his hand instead* *can't seem to come by any words, deciding to send agony into her mind instead* *turns to face Adra, faltering at the sight of her* *wraps his arms gently around her, dematerializing them both to pull her out of the chains*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Zanida: *her screams become high pitched fast*

I know what I did to your little whore. *grabs Zanida trying to calm her down*

Noelle said...

*She leans her weight against him, completely limp* *Groans*

Alastair Cruciatus said...

*holds Adra closely, and vanishes with her, leaving the Asgardians to fret over each other whilst making poor, ill founded assumptions and decisions* *has never felt more murderous as he leaves them behind*

Noelle said...

*Her head falls against his shoulder*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Zanida: Loki, I think he wants us dead.

He'll have to catch us. We're going to Jodenheim.

Alastair Cruciatus said...

*it takes him a moment to process that the danger has passed, and once he does, he all but forgets the Asgardians entirely* *brushes Adra's hair gently out of her face, pouring energy into healing her* *opens his mouth to speak, and chokes on a sob, burying his face in her shoulder*

Noelle said...

*Breathes out, one arm lightly wrapping around his side* Shushes hum gently*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

*in Asgard*

Heimdall: *has seen the entire thing unfold* My king, I assume you want to go over.

Thor: To Midgard, yes.

Heimdall: *sends Thor over*

Thor: *appears by Alastair* I mean no harm, I would like to have a word.

Noelle said...

*him

Noelle said...

*Whimpers faintly, shrinking away from Thor* *Quietly* No...

Alastair Cruciatus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alastair Cruciatus said...

*stops breathing, and closes his eyes, stroking her hair as he continues to heal her*

*it takes him a minute or so to register the sound and scent of Thor entering the room* *pulls Adra slightly closer* You heard her. I don't care for your kind on my planet.

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Thor: They are Frost Giants, I am Asgardian. I came to offer you help, I cannot hurt Zanida, and I wish to send them back to Asgard where they will be punished for their actions against Adrasdos.

Noelle said...

*Shivers, and her knees feel weak* *Clutches against his jacket, and mentally gives him the impression that she wants to sit; too tired to speak*

Alastair Cruciatus said...

*lifts her up, moving to a couch, and sets her on his lap* *his tone is threatening* The last time we met, you sided with them. What reason do I have to believe this time will be any different?

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Thor: I am sorry, Miss Adrasdos. I do not mean harm upon you, you have my word.

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Thor: I am the protector of the nine realms, I wish to protect this realm, and Zanida and Loki are a threat to this realm. That is why.

Noelle said...

*Curls against Alastair, leaning away from Thor*

Alastair Cruciatus said...

You did nothing against them the last time you came here. You easily could have. The fact that you've let Loki galavant about for weeks here in and of itself suggests that you really don't care about this realm, or that you're simply pathetically incompetent at protecting it. In either case, your word that you mean to defend this place is remarkably unconvincing.

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Thor: They did not threaten this realm until now. If you do not wish to help, that is fine.

Alastair Cruciatus said...

They've been threatening it for weeks. *continues to heal Adra, taking a few shaky breaths as he holds her closer, kissing her hair*
What sort of help would you want from me?

Noelle said...

*Shivers again, and carefully reaches out for a blanket, feeling along the couch for one* *Her fingers brush the edge, but she can't quite pull it down from her angle* *Settles against him again, giving up*

Alastair Cruciatus said...

*pushes the blanket closer with air, and drapes it over her* *raises his own temperature by a few degrees, in an attempt to warm her*

Noelle said...

*It's mostly the shock, she figures* *Makes a small sound, sinking closer to him*

Alastair Cruciatus said...

*rests his head against hers* *almost finds his voice again, but a few tears escape him, and he loses it quickly*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Thor; Catch them.

((Alastair, tell your author tomorrow I will...I need to sleep I feel like well puking.-Zaf

Amethyst Temerity said...

Hello.

Noelle said...

*Hot, salty tears squeeze from her eyes to dampen his shirt* *She feels terrible, and doesn't understand why she is the one who has to pay the price for the squabble* *As if she hasn't been through enough Hell..*.

*Wants to die, so that she doesn't have to deal with human nature and emotions*
*But she knows that that isn't an option*

*She certainly hates her life, save for Alastair*

Alastair Cruciatus said...

((Alright, Zafira.

I might be going soon, then, though I know Amethyst just arrived. My author intended to fall asleep at a reasonable hour within her time zone.))

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

((Perhaps the medicine helped...I'll stay up-Zaf

Noelle said...

(I'll be going as well, soon..)

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

((Midnight seems reasonable *nods* I probably will go then. *shall return tomorrow morning*-Zaf

Alastair Cruciatus said...

*stifles another sob into her shoulder, feeling a pang of guilt in addition to everything else*

*speaks in Thor's mind, hardly able to do so aloud* More specifics would be helpful.

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Thor: I need them brought back to Asgard, you are a shunter, therefore I need you to get Zanida and shunt her to Asgard. I can handle Loki, but both...

Amethyst Temerity said...

Ah, I just love reading through roleplays...

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

((Yeah msd....rain...ooh-Zaf

Noelle said...

*Wraps her arm around his shoulder, her fingers rubbing the back of his neck, and brushing through the bottom of his hair* *Continues this for a while, where she would eventually fall asleep*

Anonymous said...

(Back to the torture)

Dad, what do you mean?

Viv's dad: you let me down son. I can't trust you. Not that I ever could you pampered brat. Your mother was right. We should have never let you return to us after your failure.

*stands up, trembling*
You know what? I've made my own life since then. I have my own house, and friends, swords and a girl.

Viv's dad: oh yes, the blood-sucking fiend. I've heard all about her. Do you know how many men she's gone through just since you've known her? Much less before. She's playing you because you don't know what love is. One day you'll lean in for a kiss and have your throat ripped out. And I'll just stand there. Laugjing. You are a meal to her, at best a pet.

*picks up the scythe*

Viv's dad: oh, don't hurt me...I know the way out of here.

You do? How?

Viv's dad: let's see you beg first.

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

Blogger Elleni's Jazz Hands said...
If you could Skype me then to see my friends, and hopefully Fabi and Dugg, that'd be great.


Yes!!!!!!!! I have to meet you two!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how or where but some time! Some time....

Sorry I wasn't on earlier I had had a busy day and will have a busy week!
Silente, I love your idea for the role play! I just need to think of something and find time to be on for a while....
Also, how be's yous?!?!
How be's yous eyes?!?!

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

Viv......D: D:

Anonymous said...

Oh it gets worse. Welcome back dugg

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

Oh gosh! D:
Thanks!
This (hopefully) is me. It is a picture my friend drew of me and I absolutely love it! And the top it says Dugglyn, (it says my real name...) Just the facts.
It is so cool!
>>>>>>

Anonymous said...

(I can't see it.)

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

What can I do to be somebody again?

Anonymous said...

(To get out of the dimension Viv has to get in the cleaver uniform, and kill a vampire who turns out to be....)

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

Murp! It didn't work! Just a moment.....



Fabi! You are someone!!! You are amazing!!! Why do you say you're not somebody?

Anonymous said...

(Seven days in a row)

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

Ooooooooo!!!! It worked!! Yes!

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

Oh Viv! D: D:

Anonymous said...

*slightly scared*

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

*evily laughs at Viv*
Why are you scared deary?

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

Ok, I better go to bed. It's 11!

Anonymous said...

*(and then it won't work and it will be all for nothing)

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

Never mind. Sorry...

Jai (Silente Tempest - St Of Sinners) said...

*wakes up as the sun rises in her version of blogland curled up into someone else's warmth*
*smiles sleepily and curls in closer*
*stiffens as memories of yesterday flood her brain*
*scrambles away quickly from Viv eyes wide*
Viv: *smiles* Hey Sil *holds his arm out for her to curl back up*
*stares at him looking for any sign of a remant*
Viv: *had sucked his black veins in hours ago* Come on Sil
*slowly steps towards him*
Was it a dream?
Viv: was what a dream?

Jai (Silente Tempest - St Of Sinners) said...

You...and the others.
*looks at the mouth of the cave*
Viv: You had a bad dream love. Come back.
*shakes her head*
Viv: *stands up* *holds his arms wide*
*steps back*
Viv: Sil? Dont you love me no more?
Viv...*has tears in her eyes*
Viv: Fine. *pulls out a gun and starts shooting at her*
*shrieks and dodges most of them crying out at the ones that hit* *stumbles backwards and runs away*
(gtg)

Ebony Law said...

-Watches from afar, slightly camouflaged-

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Zanida: Loki, where can we possibly go? I'm scared.

I-I don't know. I just know somehow we have to get out, our real home is not like this.

Zanida: I just want to die...I've seen and relived enough to make me prefer death.

You are a warrior, sister. You are strong, this is some cruel trick that I wish to make James pay for.

Zanida: What more can it do?!

I know not. *sees Thor, holding the staff the king would* It could get worse.

Zanida: It did, we're doomed.

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Thor: For your crimes against Midgard you both will be spending the rest of your days in the dungeons. Even you, Zanida.

Zanida: You're not taking me anywhere.

*sends a dagger at his throat*

Thor: *summons lightning, shocking them both with enough force to knock them out* Guards, take them. Keep them seperate.

*time lapse*

Zanida: *wakes up in the dungeons, a white room with a glass like wall almost, except its like a projection, the edges are golden* Loki? *stands up and walks around her cell* LOKI?!

Jai (Silente Tempest - St Of Sinners) said...

(Okay. Where was I? Ah, yes.)

*runs as fast as she can keeping an eye out for others*
*the ground lurches beneath her and her world turns upside down*
*falls unconscious to the ground*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

*is alone in his old cell, the way it was after Frigga died* *sits by the glass simply reading*

Zanida: No...*collapses against a wall waiting for death*

*picks up the sceptre* Idiots didn't take that. *fires sceptre at the glass, and gets out* Zan....*walks down the rows of cells looking for Zanida, just as the alarms go off* Great. Zanida if you can hear me...

Zanida: Loki? Where are you?

*follows her voice and fires sceptre at the glass* Come on, we're going to have a fight to get out alive.

Zanida: *nods drawing her lance*

*guards enter the dungeons, and the two lone Asgardians are faced with the fight, out numbered*

Zanida: *summons a flame, knocking half the guards out and goes to attack more*

*fires sceptre at most of the guards coming at him, killing them*

Zanida: *lets out a scream as a sword embeds itself in her side*

*kneels beside Zanida* You are not dying.

Zanida: No...not...today...*makes ice cover the wound*

*stands and sees the guard who stabbed her* *sends four daggers at him, two embed themselves in each eye* *grabs him by the throat, and cuts out the guards throat* Anyone else like to annoy me today? *the two living guards back away* Good. *grabs Zanida and appears by the Bifrost* We're almost there....*looks at Heimdall* Midgard.

Heimdall: *opens the Bifrost*

*the two Asgardians go through, and they find themselves back in reality, in Blogland*

Jai (Silente Tempest - St Of Sinners) said...

*TIME WARPPPPPP*

*wakes up*
*metal heavy around her feet*
*bickering voices near by*
Viv: Just strip her of her magic!
Matex: Why? We can't stop her speed or strength. You know that. Kill her.
Viv: But I want her to see the world we create. She'll hate it. It will be splendid.
Matex: That's too much hassle. Just get it over with.
Viv: Who are you to call the shots?!
Matex: Do it or I will. The boss says he wants her dead. So make her dead.
*opens her eyes and looks up*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Zanida: Are we free?

I believe so.

Zafira: Oh my god....What happened?!

James sent everyone into a realm of their fears. I know not if they went alone, Zanida and I were together, and it appears my sister is in dire need of help.

Zafira: Someone must have hurt her.

Guards. We were in Asgard...*trails off, not wanting to relive the hellish experience in Asgard*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Zafira: It's like what Alastair can do, when he trapped me in his mind, he targetted my worst fear: My name stolen. You two were lucky you survived the horrors you experienced.

I wish to not experience that again.

Zanida: *buries head against her brother, too traumatized to even form thoughts*

Zafira: What did she see?

She lost me, at one point I saw my own funeral, but Zanida thought I was dead.

Jai (Silente Tempest - St Of Sinners) said...

*hears footsteps approaching from behind her*

Dugglyn: Let her go. I want to play.

Viv and Matex: *look at Dugglyn*

Matex: *shrugs and throws Dug a knife* Make sure to kill her afterwards. You can't keep her as a pet.

Viv: *waves a hand and the metal on Silente's legs melts

*bolts to her feet and runs knowing that mist will be right behind her* *her legs feel heavy and her legs feel weak*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Zafira: *nods* Okay, I probably do not want to relive what you guys saw.

Aro: I actually can help with that. Just by seeing the look on Loki's face, he saw something unpleasant.

Of course I did, Sense-Warden. I saw a lot of what I wish to never see again. That was the point.

Aro: May I show Zafira, the parentage one.

Very well.

Jai (Silente Tempest - St Of Sinners) said...

Dugglyn: *giggles* Come on Sil. You know you can't wiiiiiiiin. *giggle*

*runs and doesn't stop*
*cries out as something impacts with her back*
*falls forwards and the mist defends upon her*

Dugglyn: Got You! *giggles* Bye bye Silente....*solidifies*

*punches her in the nose a moment before a second knife has the chance to end her* *runs, leaving it all behind*

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

(But I want a pet!)
((Hi peeps!!!! How be's yous?!?!
How be's yous eyes?!?!?)

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Aro: Watch. *lets Zafira see the memory, as well as the two Asgardians*



*There are footsteps heard, and Odin's voice echoes from the stone walls* Stop!!!

Am I cursed? *Loki's skin is becoming the color of the Frost Giants*

Odin: No.

What am I?

Odin: You are my son. *Loki turns to face Odin*

What more then that? The Casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jodenheim that day, was it?

Odin: No. In the aftermath of the battle, I went into the temple and I found a baby. Small, for a giant's offspring. Abandoned, suffering, left to die, Laufey's son.

Laufeyson?

Odin: Yes.

Why? You were knew deep in Joden blood, why would you take me?

Odin: You were an innocent child.

No, you took me for a purpose, what was it? TELL ME!!!!

Odin: I thought we could unite our kingdoms one day, bring about an allience, bring about permanent peace through you. But those plans no longer matter.

So I am no more then another stolen relic, locked up here until you have use of me?

Odin: Why do you twist my words?

You could have told me what I was from the beginning, why didn't you?

Odin: You are my son, I only wanted to protect you from the truth.

Why? Because I-I-I'm the monster parents tell their children about at night?

Odin: No-

It all makes sense now, why you favored Thor all these years, because no matter how much you claimed to love me, you couldn't have a Frost Giant sitting on the throne of Asgard!!!



Zafira: You're a Frost Giant....why did this hurt you?

Because...*doesn't finish*

Zanida: Odin fed him a lie his entire life! Odin said Loki and Thor were born to be king.

Zafira: That's why he's so upset.

He favored Thor because he didn't want a Frost Giant sitting on the throne of Asgard.

Luciana said...

Hello:3

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 4942   Newer› Newest»