Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Blogger Bah

Okay, I have done SOMETHING with the comments section...

Now when you comment, a new window should pop up. It isn't perfect, but at least there are pages now, and you don't have to keep reloading to get to the newest comment...

This is all VERY annoying.

4,714 comments:

1 – 200 of 4714   Newer›   Newest»
Anonymous said...

Oh no, it's much better this way. With the pop-up-ness, I mean.

Kisses!
xxx

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

sweet. go to me blog! nice comments section btw. oh and i did a book review for the death bringer! a good one too!(on me blog)

Alexis A. said...

Dear me, this will take some getting used to...

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

pretty cool how you changed the comments, i think i should do this on my blog.

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

death bringer book review is on the second page, or "older posts"

Making the Legend said...

Oh, look at this. Just like you said... well suppose there's always some kinks to work out when you change something drastically.

So Derek, tell me about the various injuries as a result of martial arts. I'm currently sitting here with all the knuckes on my right hand bruised becuse I failed to wear hand gear when breaking a board. I was amazed how fast the brusises appeared. I'm talking seconds. So, I will go and ice my little hand now, meh.

-Molly, shaking her hand trying to get it to stop hurting and reminding herself to tell all the little white belts to wear hand pads

Anonymous said...

Hi Derek! Will there ever be a global contest? I'm asking this because I live in a backwater country in South East Asia, where your only fans are people who had the unfortunate fortune to move here, and even though there are quite a few of us, were very little compared to practically any other country in the world. Due to that, we never really get to join contests.

Nixion Strange said...

Hey people.

Shaylin Adams said...

Hey when will Skulduggery Pleasant book 7 come out in Australia?? Ive read the first 6 books too many times i think i know all the words! I love your books I hope you continue writing because your books are the only books I read. <3

Nixion Strange said...

The australian comes out in September. In some places, the'll even hand it out early

Shaylin Adams said...

naww i cant wait till September :(

Nixion Strange said...

I know >sigh<

Nixion Strange said...

Do u know when he is coming to Australia?

Shaylin Adams said...

no sorry

Nixion Strange said...

No one seems to know
Hey, u got a picture

Shaylin Adams said...

yer i only just started with this thingy

Nixion Strange said...

I started a few weeks ago, and now i can't stop

Shaylin Adams said...

haha ive always read Derek's blogs but ive only just had the enthusiasm to sign up today

Nixion Strange said...

i kinda think the comments thingy was easier before, but that's just me

Marian Qaoteriity said...

Oh wow... This will take some getting used to.

Nixion Strange said...

Is my computer lagging, or is it silent

Nixion Strange said...

No, it's silent

Marian Qaoteriity said...

Don't worry, I'm now here to make noise. Hi.

Nixion Strange said...

Hey. Is your picture from alice in wonderland?

Marian Qaoteriity said...

Yup. Gotta love the Cheshire Cat.

Nixion Strange said...

Alrighty then

Marian Qaoteriity said...

By the way, though it's sort of obvious, I'm Qaoteriity. Nice to meet you.

Nixion Strange said...

You an Australian too

Nixion Strange said...

And nice to meet u to.

Marian Qaoteriity said...

Nope, I'm American.

Nixion Strange said...

You don't get many Skulduggery books up there, do you?

Marian Qaoteriity said...

Unfortunately no. I'm pretty sure it's only the first three books that are printed here. Everything else is imported.

Nixion Strange said...

That sucks. You have my pitty

Marian Qaoteriity said...

Thanks. Yeah, it's pretty annoying, I've never met another fan in real life.

Marian Qaoteriity said...

Thanks. Yeah, it's pretty annoying, I've never met another fan in real life.

Nixion Strange said...

Neither have i, but my friends don't read to much

Marian Qaoteriity said...

Ah well, at least there's a lot of fans online. I'm afraid I've got to go now, it was nice meeting you. Hope to see you around the comments!

Nixion Strange said...

See ya

Nixion Strange said...

Is anyone else there?

Shaylin Adams said...

my friends make fun of me cause I read them :( but i dont care, I read them anyway.

Nixion Strange said...

I have one friend who read the first one then gave up. He said the next was to boring. He's not my friend anymore

Shaylin Adams said...

Aww i cant believe he said they were boring! They are the funniest, most action packed book ive ever read

Nixion Strange said...

I nose, right

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

thats the same with me to, i have always read derek landys blog and do enjoy is books very much ( goes good with a scone) but i just recently got a blogger account so i might as well comment as i always wanted to.

Nixion Strange said...

hey... im just gonna call u eddie

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

who's your friend, probably a hater. dereks books are action packed, funny, and page-turningly awesome! all my friends love them, (probably because im constantly telling them to)

Nixion Strange said...

where in the world r u

Nixion Strange said...

my firends weird. i don't mean us wierd, but weird

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

sure or just call me editor. ( sorry persnl info) i am an eastern person or is it westerm i forget.

Nixion Strange said...

i mean the country. I'm an aussie, through and through

Shaylin Adams said...

thats a nice way to describe your friends lol

Shaylin Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaylin Adams said...

im a tru blue aussie

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

dude derek landy should to a blogroll, just for his blog fans who have blogs! like Fan Blogroll, and do something like, if you put me on your blogroll, i will put YOU on my blogroll. it would be great for advertising. it could be like the first 50 blogs.

Nixion Strange said...

what's a blogroll/

Shaylin Adams said...

ikr you said blogroll so many times i got really confused

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

dude a comment has been removed by the author? DEREK LANDY IS AMONG US!!!! watching...... ( a blogroll is a list of blogs that you like) like dereks list of links on the right hand bar.

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

like dereks blog list

Nixion Strange said...

Hey derek landy is reading my random posts. WHEN R U COMING TO AUSTRALIA?

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

i read your nobody blog, im am a follower of that blog! ( you just got your first follower! (me)

Shaylin Adams said...

yer that 'comment has been removed from the author' ment it was removed from the person who wrote it lol

Nixion Strange said...

Whoa, someone actually read my rambleing blog? And i read your blog eddie. When did u write that daniel x thing?

Nixion Strange said...

Oh, so someone wrote something, then deleted it? that's kinda reduntant

Shaylin Adams said...

hahaha

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

when i finished the book, lol. did you watch the funny videos? or become a member of my blog> or comment? or vote on the amazing poll????

Nixion Strange said...

i can't watch videos on this computer, or comment on anything but this blog. and what poll?

Sparky Braginski said...

SPARKY HAS ARRIVED MOMENTARILY!!!

(For, like, twenty seconds.)

MY MESSAGE, EVERYONE JOIN THE STRAIGHT JACKETS!!!!!!!

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

Sunday, 15 January 2 i posted the daniel x yknow a poll? survey? questionare? it was on the right hand side of my blog??????? ( must make that thing more visible)

Nixion Strange said...

Hey sparky. The straight jackets? is it some cult?

Sparky Braginski said...

Some cult? It's a guild.

THE STRAIGHT JACKETS!!!

It's one of my blogs. Sign up, and you can join.

THE STRAIGHT JACKETS!!!

Shaylin Adams said...

hey editor, that blog you wrote about where daniel x is from terra firmia, that place spound like terra nova

Nixion Strange said...

Alright then

Shaylin Adams said...

sounds*

Nixion Strange said...

im so confused

Nixion Strange said...

i can't coment on sparky's blog

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

indeed, that's what i thought
i will be home in time for the asparagus

Nixion Strange said...

and edddie, you can add my blog to your blogroll, and i'll add you... as soon as i figure out how

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

copy and paste the link onto your blogroll (aka bloglist) its on add gadgets ( in layout) just press add link and copy and paste my link.

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

done i added your link

Nixion Strange said...

wait, tell me step by step

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

this video should help not exactly the same but it should help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Ur3ZwjB3g

Nixion Strange said...

never mind, i got it

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

were is it on your blog? did you forget to press save arragement or save?

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

wait nvm i see it thanks dude!

Nixion Strange said...

It's on the right side, near the top

Nixion Strange said...

i see mine as well
cool

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

you see yours on my blog right?

Nixion Strange said...

If Derek Landy does read these, i just would like you to know, that i actually perfer the old comments thing

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

anybody out there? derek??????

Nixion Strange said...

And eddie, have you read the new daniel x? i have

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

no, not yet im going to look to the library for that, ( i have a kindle)

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

bye

Nixion Strange said...

is anyone there

Johanna Remmus (The Mad One) said...

Hi. This new layout is okay... But we will just have to get used to it.

Nixion Strange said...

i don't like it

Nixion Strange said...

hi

Nixion Strange said...

say something

Nixion Strange said...

SPEAK MORTAL

Nixion Strange said...

heloooo, r u still there?

Nixion Strange said...

i see you follow the straight jackets. my computer won't let me at the moment, but i will

Nixion Strange said...

im gonna leave now

Jemma said...

i'm already bored

Sparky Braginski said...

Okay, really, not to be picky, but I liked it better with the 'Load More' button...

LONG LIVE THE OLD BLOG!

LONG LIVE PAGES!

AND FIRSTS!

I will never forget firsts...

Izz said...

No one could forget all your firsts Sparky.

Sparky Braginski said...

Got to hell Izz.

(Not literally)

Check out The Straight Jackets, I think we need a motto.

Izz said...

Thing is I've already been there. It's terribly hot but good old Aus tops it.

hmmmm. I'll think on it.

Sparky Braginski said...

Well of course you've been there, you're a ghost.

PICK A MOTTO, ANY MOTTO! Especially the second one.

Sparky Braginski said...

Well of course you've been there, you're a ghost.

PICK A MOTTO, ANY MOTTO! Especially the second one.

Sparky Braginski said...

Well of course you've been there, you're a ghost.

PICK A MOTTO, ANY MOTTO! Especially the second one.

Sparky Braginski said...

Why'd that post three times?

Anyway, gotta go.

Izz said...

Right then. I stick by the first one.

Servus.

Sparky Braginski said...

Yes Izz, I do know that skullduggery is underhanded, sly trickery. And it is a skill that only the truly insane can master.

Izz said...

I guess that makes sense, considering sociopaths.

But I still like the first one best.

Kyie Jain said...

FIRST COMMENT FOR ME YAYZERS


goldengod... u look like my dad....



but u are better of course......




(whimpers) if u come to aus any time soon, make SURE you come to adeliade coz we r mad 4 u trust me!!

Izz said...

*yawn*

Izz said...

Auf wiedersehen alle.

Kribu said...

It's a pity there isn't a way to combine the best features of both comment modes - the reply feature of the new version and the separate pages (and better spacing) of the old one. Still, I do like this one better, even with having to use the pop-up!

Niamhy Jay said...

DEREK YOU ARE BRILLIANT!! YOU BRILLIANT MAN YOU!!
Right off to school with me!!
Bye!!

Sparky Braginski said...

Is there anyone here?

Sparky Braginski said...

TESTING TIME!!!

Sparky Braginski said...

It appears that the text is blue...

Sparky Braginski said...

How odd. The text on the pop up is blue, but on the log it remains black.

Intriguing...

Rebella Sadistic said...

weird but convenient

Shaylin Adams said...

Derek Landy you are a genius for coming up with skulduggery pleasant!!!

amelie espirt ____the gummy bear assasin for the straight jacket said...

hey anyone here

Jackskin said...

hi... anyone here

Jackskin said...

anyone damnit

Jackskin said...

oh well by everyone or no one anyway BY DEREK GOLDEN GOD :)

Tori said...

this is both strange and fun at the same time
........
too bad my pop-up blocker doesn't like it XP

Lilie said...

YAY!!!
Any one there?

acts of randomness said...

Youpoor thing having to organise your fan mail, so hard but the effort is appreciated

Lexie said...

This is fantastic!
...Now, how'd you DO it?

This is probably really ungrammatical. I think I should go to bed now...

Ayesha said...

It's so much better now, but I do miss the old blog! :L oh well thanks Derek for making it better than how it was before! :)

Rose Black said...

Interesting.

Rose Black said...

So, I'll be able to see new comments without re-loading? Cool.

Rose Black said...

Hi Ayesha

Vita Song said...

well this is slightly confufling you know but oh wells.
well tiered and my eyes are itchy :O
oh and what the hell are HTML tags??????? still confufled.
ahhhhh bloody red squigly lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who cares about spelling outside of school
*scowl*
so hi derek haven't been on for ages (excluding yesterday and some other times)
I will leave on a happy note for some, the rain has stopped (the not some are ducks, frogs, and all things that like rain)

Laura Jordan said...

Oh gosh. New technology. SOOOO not my strong point. But anyway, hi everyone :)

xo

Rose Black said...

Hi Vita

Rose Black said...

Ho Sabrina

Vita Song said...

Hi you to!
POTATOES

Laura Jordan said...

Hey guys :)

x

Valice said...

Yes, I think thats better than the load more thing.

Valice said...

Wait- there is a newest button! Not here, because there are just 147 comments yet, but at the blog entry before! YAY!

Valice said...

Hello...?

Octa said...

Hmm.... I've seen this around before.

Anyway although I prefer the old system at least I can actually comment now.

So that's a great postive right there.

Derek Landy said...

HI all- I prefer the old comments section too, but Blogger may have thrown that out. Pity.

Molly asked about martial arts injuries. Thankfully, I've really only had the usual cuts and bruises that come from getting punched in the face, and nothing more dramatic. Apart from a broken tooth. Which was HORRIBLE.

Milo, a global competition isn't a bad idea at all. It'd have to be later in the year, though. I'll look into it.

Kallista was asking what I'm going to write when Skulduggery is over. To be honest, I don't know. I doubt I'll do a prequel, because I just don't like them, and as for a spin-off featuring another character... The fact is, I don't know if the world I write about will even be around after Book 9...!

One good thing about the new comments section is that now the little pictures by your names are bigger, so for the first time I'm realising how pretty Suzanne Korb is. Hi Suzanne!

Octa said...

Oh my goodness I'm on line when Derek is!

That's like the third time ever.

HI DEREK! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY!

THE OPPORTUNITY IS HERE BUT I'M CEASING TO TAKE IT!

Octa said...

Oh. Yes. Let me tell you something amazing.

You Oh Wondeful Golden God have brought about love through this blog of yours.

Two bloggers Niall and Ven, met through this blog, fell in love and now they are meeting up in real life at ComicCon this February.


Doesn't that make you feel warm inside?

Also umm.... things to say things to say...

I watched the Lion King today... no not that interesting. I set fire to a work bench accidently in Chemistry.

OH! OH! YES I KNOW! I GOT A POEM PUBLISHED IN A REAL ACTUAL BOOK!

Derek Landy said...

Octaboona.. impressive! Both about the poem and about setting fire to your chemistry lab!

And Niall and Ven, eh? Ah, I do what I can to facilitate young love but who knows what good I TRULY do? Finally, I have proof...

Valice said...

DEREK, HI!!
How many words now (in book seven)
And do you know a title yet??

Derek Landy said...

Valice, I shall let you know when I've reached 25,000! As for a title, I think I may have one... But I'm not telling!

Melanie_Firestar said...

Cool! Derek, i've read your books since Playing with Fire was released, but I think that the books keep on getting better!

Rose Black said...

Hi Derek!!!!!!

Rose Black said...

You still on??????

Octa said...

Whilst we're on the topic of love you have brought into existance through your blog not one couple but five.

Although Niall and Ven are the only ones who live close enough to meet up.

Just for your information the five couples happen to be

Niall and Ven
Kallista and myself
Lego and Genesis
Pyro and Red
Aquila and Dragona

Also repeating the request of Lego and Gen, they are getting blog married some time this summer and they would love it if you could give one of them away.

I really am just speechless right now.

Also I now have been referred to by name by you eleven times now.

I do indeed keep a list of your awesome comments. I treasure them dearly.

Rose Black said...

By the way, I think this new comment section is great!

Rose Black said...

By the way, I think this new comment section is great!

Sparky Braginski said...

Me reading the previous comments:

DEREK'S TALKING TO PEOPLE!!!

COME BACK TO AUSTRALIA!!!

The last time you came my librarian developed a distaste for you, because you wouldn't come to my school, on account of it being an all girls high school.

BUT I GO THERE!!!

And trust me, if you say ANYTHING about coming back, I will begin each school day on my knees, BEGGING HER TO GET YOU TO COME.

SO PLEASE COME BACK!

Derek Landy said...

Octaboona, it warms my heart...!

Melanie, you have wonderful taste in writers, you know that??

Hi Pink Rose!

Hi ShayShay01- welcome!

Ok, now I'm going to spend an hour with my nieces, and then I'm going training. Later on tonight, I'll be back writing.

Probably.

Derek Landy said...

Sparky...! I don't know WHY there was a problem going to an all-girls school. The fact is, I prefer going to all-girls schools. They're just so much more FUN, and I have such a laugh.

I think, for my next Australian tour, whenever that may be, I ought to make it clear to my Australian publishers that I rather like visiting all girls schools, thank you very much!

Rose Black said...

Derek??????

Rose Black said...

You on??????

Rose Black said...

OH PLEASE BE ON

Octa said...

Oh! I know what I should have said when I had the chance.

Should I be worried that my Friend Get Friend books haven't arrived yet? Because I am.

Have fun with your neices. I'm sure they shall fall over a lot and you will be amused. At least that's how it normally goes right? :D

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

Oh Mr Landy! I'm glad you got your blog sorted!

Please say you read my handy advice on your last post (it was rather handy, wasn't it?)

If not, it's coolbeans too :P

Rose Black said...

Yes this comment system is definitly WAY better :D

Rose Black said...

Hi Quinn!

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

Heya Pink! Hi Octa (if you're around)!

How are you two?

I wonder how long it is before they update the popout window too...

Octa said...

Hi Quinn!

Rose Black said...

I'm off to the chat.

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

Hullo!

*wonders if Derek did read her little post*

Ah well, it matters not :P

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

See ya, Pink!

Octa said...

I'm good.

I think you know all my current news. At least you have read all my new posts.

Did you read about Top Hat Tuesday and the setting fire to my workbench with cyclohexene?

Rose Black said...

Derek Landy?????

Octa said...

Bye Pink!

Also which little comment is this?

Rose Black said...

Actuall I'm gonna stay here cuz NO ONE is on chat.

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

I did read Top Hat Tuesday etc. T'was all very exciting but my fingers were frozen at the time so I couldn't write a comment very well :P (What? It's cold, don't judge me :P )

And it was a comment describing the changes to blogger etc. and a way in which he could fix it (this way, actually :P )

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

Okee dokee, Pink! 'Tis always good to have you here :D

Rose Black said...

Dammit. In the short 5 minutes in which I ate my dinner, Derek Landy left. :(

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

Awww :( That's a shame, Rose. Well, maybe he'll come back, some other nice little day.

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

(Sorry I keep switching names with you... I haven't been on in a while)

Octa said...

It's fine really :P We've been experiencing the cold weather too.

Ah. Derek must either have read it or you are just that awesome :D

Octa said...

Welcome back Pink!

That's a shame :(

Octa said...

Welcome back Pink!

That's a shame :(

Octa said...

Also this new comment system is much more prone to double posting.

Rose Black said...

Oh, there is actually people on chat.

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

Either or :P

Gah, I've been so busy lately! School and such...

Rose Black said...

I've to go now. Do homework. :(

Octa said...

brb

I feel like that comment was a bit to short to qualify as a comment. So I wrote this bit.

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

Yeah, I double posted on your blog by accident, and now I've deleted it :P Now it looks like I said something fishy in your comments section :P REG

(Do we still REG? We should so bring that back)

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

Okilee dokilee.

I'm gonna get started on some work, will check back here occasionally.

March's Secret Santa said...

I am returned. For a short time atleast.

March's Secret Santa said...

Ooops. Forgot to go back to my Octaboona account.

As you are aware I was March's Secret Santa.

I saw it when it was a double post so I knew it wasn't fishy :P

Octa said...

Oh and yes REG is still a thing.

Thriving and happy it is too.

Octa said...

How alternative am I?

Octa said...

Hmm... that made no sense as it cut out the first bit of my comment.

Never mind. Twas an attempt at alternatism.

Also have to go now and eat supper.

Rim. said...

Anyone on????

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

Hmm. Well, have a nice supper. I must be off to play piano and stuff- sorry I missed you- I got caught up :(

Sorry to leave you The Shadow Ripper (Rim) *hands him/her a cookie because I've never met you* I'm going to call you Rim, okay? It was lovely to meet you, but farewell, Rim!

Rim. said...

bye....

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 4714   Newer› Newest»