Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Ten Winners. Ahem.

I have just picked the winners.

Before I announce them, I'd just like to mention that Death Bringer is up for an Irish Book Award. Skulduggery has won for two consecutive years, so I really don't mind if I don't win this year- to be honest, I think I'm running out of people to insult in my speeches...! Death Bringer is in the Senior Children's Section, and you can look at the nominees here http://www.irishbookawards.ie/PublicVote.aspx.

For the first time I'm up against Darren Shan, who could very well topple me, as well as three other books that I've been hearing great things about. As usual, I'm asking you to be fair, and don't vote for me just because you're thinking of Skulduggery right at this moment... Look at the nominees, pick your favourite, and if you like any of them, vote.

(And then scroll down to the Popular Fiction award and vote for Cecelia Ahern- she's lovely!)

Whoever wins, Irish viewers will be able to see them accept their award on RTE in the last week of November, because the whole thing is going to be televised. Whenever I win I always seem to grin and smirk and tell everyone how great I am- and generally mock everyone else- so it might be a good idea if maybe I DIDN'T win this year! I sincerely don't think I could be remotely serious...

Anyway! On to the important announcement! The Friend Gets Friend winners! They are, in the order they came out of the hat:

Miss Arianna Dark

Skulduggeryaddict

Octaboona

Asteria Wing

The BookNommer

Necros

Andrew

Silke Gronau

Lauren Longbottom

Mar-Chu

Well done, the lot of you. But I'm not finished yet. I have decided that we're going to have two EXTRA winners, two people who were not picked at random but who still deserve SOMETHING. I know ALL of you deserve something, and I'd love to give ALL of you prizes, but there are only so many I can give out.

So, those two extra winners. The first is Valkyrie V, simply for throwing the best Skulduggery party I've seen...!

The second is Trinity Kal- or Kallista, as she is more commonly known. A lot of you guys put forward her name as someone who thoroughly deserves a prize for a multitude of reasons, and I happen to agree with every single one of them. Kallista has been here since the early days, and she's a wonderful example of a Minion- she's warm, funny, nice to everyone and she makes newcomers feel welcome. People commenting here for the first time look at her comments, look at the comments made by all of you, and they instantly know what kind of place this is. We do not tolerate bullying, we resolve our arguments, and we get back to being friends and having a laugh. Kallista exemplifies this wonderfully, so I'm delighted to extend the number of winners to include her.

Oh, and Thalia? For winning the Halloween competition last week, you get the same prize as these guys. I couldn't NOT include you.

So now, all you winners, all thirteen of you, need to send your home addresses to my publisher's email- spilltheink@harpercollins.co.uk. Mark it "Skulduggery Competition". Once we have your addresses, we'll figure out the prizes and send them off. I don't know when they'll be sent, but probably sometime over the next week or two. Hopefully.

I want to thank each and every one of you for taking the time to do something for the Friend Gets Friend thing. Congratulations to those who won, and commiserations to those who didn't. To be honest, seeing the response we've been getting to these competitions has really encouraged me to start thinking of more I could run- so if you didn't win this time, you could always win next time...

I was talking to my agent the other day about all of you, and the fact is that everyone- and this includes my publishers- have been astounded at your attitude. When Thalia won the Halloween competition, the positive reaction was startling. The rest of you were obviously disappointed that your entry didn't win, but there was no sniping or grumbling or sulking from any of you. You all seemed genuinely thrilled that Thalia, your friend, had won.

The internet can be a cruel place. Just look at all the online bullying that goes on. Look at all the internet trolls who just want to upset people. When you sit at a keyboard, interacting with people you've never met, the temptation to be as nasty as you can be is always there. The internet really seems to bring out the worst in people.

But you guys are different. I don't know WHY you're different, you just are. You are good, honourable, decent people. You're warm and witty and friendly, and you're loyal to each other. And that is a wonderful, wonderful thing to see.

I'm proud of every single one of you.

4,894 comments:

1 – 200 of 4894   Newer›   Newest»
Dantea Dredkin said...

First!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

second

Ayesha said...

3rd!!!

Dantea Dredkin said...

You changed your name?

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

DEREK I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!

Dantea Dredkin said...

Lol. You just read the post, didn't you? Congratulations! XD

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I don't know if you'll believe me Derek but right now I'm shaking and crying woth joy!!!! I'm crying, that's how happy I am!!!!!!

nights.raven said...

8th

Aquila Felis said...

Octa and Mar! Congrats. ^^

Chris and Kris said...

Congratulations to the winners!

And thanks, Mr. Derek, for putting out these competitions and getting the new covers for the Ameriminions!

Ayesha said...

Damn!! I didn't win!!! D:
aww I guess there is always a next time and congratulations to everyone who won!!!
=D

Dantea Dredkin said...

Congrats to everybody else, epically Kal. I haven't been on in a while, so I don't know you that well, but I hear nothing but good things about you on here. So your cool with me.

Danielle said...

I won? yay! And I know I don't comment on here much, but I gotta agree with Derek, y'all are one of the most awesome communities I've ever come across. I was surprised the first time I realized there were 300+ comments on posts just because y'all were talking back and forth.

Anonymous said...

Aww...
*clapclapclap*

Well done guys!!
And Kallista IS amazing.
So yes.

I'm just the irritating midget who's slightly less annoying now. :3

Kribu said...

Congratulations to all the winners!!

Venice Rain said...

*is crying a little*

unrealted
CONGRATULATIONS YOU ALLLLLLLLLL

and especially Kallista, that wonderful, brilliant girl! ^^







realted - anyone who uses chat should guess why.

Aquila Felis said...

*actually reads*
Oh, and congrats to Kal and Thalia, too. ^^

*doesn't know the other ones... *

Chris and Kris said...

Oh and uhhhh... Does this mean we're gonna get Dark Days, Mortal Coils, and Death Bringer in the United States?

Making the Legend said...

Derek, thank you. I am getting the fuzzies inside from hearing you say that! Now I will go try and find a recording of your speeches...

Alright, it's day 3 in NaNoWriMo and I've got 4,211 words down, now only 45,789 more words to go! The night is young, so I plan to have 6000 words in total tonight, thank goodness for my lack of homework!

Invisible_Fly said...

This was honestly the greatest idea for a contest ever. I think we all did a fantastic job bringing Skulduggery to the masses ;D And since that's the case:

EVERYONE'S A WINNER

Shadow Whispers said...

Congrats to the winners YAY! *applauds*

Liz said...

*runs around in little circles* YAAAAAAAYYYY KALLIE WON~!!!!!!! *bounces around* YAAAAAAYYYYYY~!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Derek, I just sent the email!

Shadow Whispers said...

well done Ivy :)

Dantea Dredkin said...

*claps for winners*

nights.raven said...

Congratulations to all who won! :D u guyz deserve it!

Danielle said...

I need them to release volumes 4-6 in the states so I can order it for my library! I already know people to hand the books to

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

omg!!!! congratz all of you!!!


KAllISTA *hugs* im delighted for you congratz

and ivy didnt i tell you!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

oh and derek??? your the greastest i mean ity.. i just saw your speeches...

you and darren shan are my most favourite authors EVER!!

hope you win...

and i would like to see more compeitions around here...

and wow this is long BUT we are the greatest community arent we? *beams happily*

Mar-Chu said...

*screams at the top of her lungs*

*trips over the laundry basket, crashing into the wall (ACTUALLY HAPPENED!!)*

OH MY GAWD!!!!!

So I heard the phone ring. I got up from the bed, tossed my book down, went across the hall, say it was Thalia, and picked it up. Said hello. She told me that I HAD WON!!!! THAT WE BOTH HAD WON SOMETHING!!!

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

*runs around screaming, Twinkie the dog barking and running around*

Now, if you excuse me, I need to go and do these things.

1- ACTUALLY run around screaming

2- Phone Mom and scream over the phone to her, telling her that I won, and then sped multiple hours waiting for dad to get home and verify that it's not some creepy guy from Africa trying to get our money (He's a Lawyer. He thinks these kinds of things...well, we actually get these emails sometimes. He's very cautious about the internet, in my view. He won't let me get a deviantART account because it has the word deviant in it. I'm rambling. I'll shut up now)

3- Do homework and get food

*runs around, waving the phone around to get better reception*

Shadow Whispers said...

we are that flame

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I felt a name change back was needed :)

Octa said...

Thank you oh Golden God for this fantastic prize!

You are kind and wise and benevolent!

*hugs Derek*

You of course have my vote in the book competition!

THANK YOU!

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

is everyone gone back to the old post?

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*smiles at what fly said* You know that's my blog name, right? :)

Isabella Midnight said...

CONGRATS KAL! CONGRATS OCTA!

Min (Thalia) said...

*spazz-screams*

Oh my God. Oh my God. I....oh my GOD. Congratulations everyone who won!

I can't believe you included me, Derek. I didn't think I'd win 'cause I won the Halloween competition. I'm in shock right now. Thank you so much Derek!

*hugs self and rocks back and forth, beaming*

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

*hugs ivy* congratz

octa congrtaz man *hugs*

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

haha congratz mar-chu and also thaila for both compeitions,,,

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*smiles, embarassed* Ok, um, I sent the email, but I put my EMAIL address in the email because I was so off topic by the winning thing that I forgot my ACTUAL address. So when you see an email titled "Skulduggery Competition: with my address" or something like that, that's me, just adding my address in there.

Octa said...

The email didn't work!

It bounced back!

OH NOES!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

lol ivy.... i think i should stop commenting so fast.....

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

congratz octa

Min (Thalia) said...

I sent the email! Yay~

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Amanda's yelling at me over the phone :)

Min (Thalia) said...

CONGRATS OCTA, IVY, KAL, MAR, AND EVERYONE ELSE!

*hugs everyone*

*bounces around like a lunatic*

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

aww i really wanted a poster.... i have all the books signed so i dont really care..

Octa said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL!

My email didn't send!

*worries*

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

dont worry octa, it will send eventually just keep trying *hugs*

Shadow Whispers said...

I have no sulduggery pleasant related things... except for a drawing... the books aren't even mine even though I claimed them

Min (Thalia) said...

Octa - try it again, maybe? If it doesn't work again, maybe either a) wait and try in a few minutes or b) if you have another email account, try with that one.

Octa said...

It's ok!

I think I got the email to work!

I typed the email address wrong!
NO NEED TO PANIC!

YES I'M HYPER!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tori said...

we're different because we've read Skulduggery Pleasant :P
oh wow, that's awesome, more people i know have one thing :D (still a little disappointed, but i'll get over it :P )
congrats guys :) (i wonder how many emoticons i can make in one post :P )

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

lol octa

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Derek, since the books are coming to my house... I was wondering, if you, would, um... Well, I don't know if you saw it, but I requested that you draw a picture of a scary purple unicorn with Necromancer magic and stabs people because I wanted to know if you could draw... And I drew one... So, could you draw one and send it with the other stuff. *pauses then adds quickly* Not that you need to. But it'd be fun :)

Octa said...

I now need to make an important decision!

What is my favourite Skulduggery quote??

Min (Thalia) said...

Oh, yeah, Octa!

*hugs and gives him a celebratory fez*

You're engaged! Congratulations!

Octa said...

I am!

So much awesome!!!

Thank you!

*hugs back*

*puts on the fez*

Very dashing if I do say so myself!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

yeah im a bit dissapointed but im happy for everyone, espeacially kallista cos she really deserves it..

3 cheers for everyone *claps*

hiphip
hooray
hiphip
hooray
hiphip
hooorrrrrrray!!!!!!!!

Octa said...

So I now have two copies of each SP book!

Well the more the merrier I say!

Plus this means I'll have the short stories now too!

YES!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

have you guys made plans??

lol ivy that unicorn....

Min (Thalia) said...

*waves hands frantically*

Happiness does not excuse lack of completion of math homework!

*runs around house, screaming and looking for her highlighters and calculator*

Tori said...

hi you guys :D

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I called my mumzy and she said she might start crying :)


And Derek, I feel really special because you CHOSE me. You picked me on PURPOSE. I feel so happy :D

Niamhy Jay said...

Congratulations to EVERYONE that won!!
DEREK WIN THAT AWARD AND IF YOU DON'T INSULT THE PERSON THAT DOES!!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Oh geez, I forgot about the whole quote thing... Ugh... Give me a minute... *panics: HOW ON EARTH DO I PICK A FAVOURITE?!?*

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

lol nj....

im going to vote for himand darren... love them both so much,,,

@nj did you see my fanfic?

Octa said...

Val V!

I know you're very good at memorizing quotes!

Which one should I choose?

Min (Thalia) said...

Ah crap, I need to figure out my favorite line. Uhh...Derek, let me get back to you on that.

Mar-Chu said...

*Leaps back in glomping everyone and screaming and giggling like a lunatic*

Tori said...

i'm having trouble with my mom
she went and bought the first book when on her kindle when it was for free but she hasn't even tried to read it yet
she's too busy playing scrabble on her iPad
i curse you iPad, i curse you.......

Octa said...

Hmm...

Mine is from DB so I can't say. Spoilers!

Shadow Whispers said...

I hope you get your unicorn drawing Ivy

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

what about the people who dont see the post and dont send an email?

Min (Thalia) said...

*grabs Mar's shoulders*

HELP ME PICK A QUOOOOTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

who says it octa?

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

Valkyrie cain your awesome

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

hey amanda..

Octa said...

Skulduggery.

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

ah.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

You can say the quote Octa if it doesn't give something away :)


I'm calling everyone who will actually care right now and telling them about the contest :D

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

Hi flame

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

cool...

and val (ill have to call you that i suppose) your is? itll be epic..

barmybex said...

Gutted I didn't win, but congrats to those who did.
I voted for you Derek - yours is the best on the list by far. :D

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

hi amanda try to bake anymore people into pies?

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Amanda, YOU'RE awesome :) You were so nice about me winning :D

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

Yes do you won't one

Unknown said...

Well done everyone who won!!!!!
And that was a really nice blog entry derek ;)

Min (Thalia) said...

OK, I think I'll do my favorite quote from Dark Days. It's when Skul-man says "You, Fletcher Renn, are good for our health. You're like our own little vegetable."

Sorry if I got the wording wrong, I don't actually OWN Dark Days. I borrowed Mar's copy to read it and now it's back with her.

Invisible_Fly said...

Hey guys, I think we all missed the message at the beginning of the blog about the book awards. Go vote http://www.irishbookawards.ie/PublicVote.aspx but like Derek said, don't vote for Skulduggery because that's what you're thinking of right now. Vote for the books you genuinely think should win. (But wouldn't it be funny seeing Derek on tv?)

And Val V, yes, I knew it was your blog <3 I was trying to subtly reference it ;)

Min (Thalia) said...

I really wish everyone could have one. There are so many amazing people out there.

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

I love bakeing people into pies!!!!!!!!!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

me? oh no thanks i just had amanda moore choclate surprisly meaty,,,

Shadow Whispers said...

oh no.. I have to start calling her val now too.. that'll take me a while to remember...

Mar-Chu said...

*scream*

*laugh*

*scream*

*scream*

*giggle*

*laugh*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*randomly hugs Mar-Chu and jumps up and down*

Mar-Chu said...

(Actually, Mir has Dark Days now. She was reading it today, Thalia, don't ya remember?)

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

*Throwes pie at flame*

Min (Thalia) said...

Mar - whoops, yeah. I have bad memory.

Unknown said...

well done thalia, mar and val cause u are the ones that are here ;)
I can't wait to see Derek on tv!!!

Nicole Cerundolo said...

AWWW DEREK. Us? Warm? That's like saying we're fuzzy and cuddly.
I'm.
Not.
A.
Panda.
Hello everyone! I return to blogland once more.

Octa said...

"You're going to prolong all our lives, my boy."
"I am?"
"You are. You Fletcher Renn, are good for our health."
Fletcher beamed.
"You're like our own little vegetable," Skulduggery continued and Fletcher's smile disappeared.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I wanna see Derek on TV! Too bad I don't have cable for Irish channels... Or any channels, in that case...

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

I am awesome

Laura Jordan said...

I wish I could see the huge smiles on the winners faces! It would be classic! XD

Unknown said...

Hi Nicole!

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

I wanna see derek on tv to

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

OCTA! What's my favourite quote?! GAH! You don't know if I don't know! *screams like a crazy person* I'll make a list...

Min (Thalia) said...

Ah. Yes. What Octa said.

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

lol octa

*kicks amanda* dont start

hi crys

hi nicole and all the others her while i was voting..

when are the awards on?

Shadow Whispers said...

I have RTE.... but I hardly watch it anymore.... But I must watch this!! I need to see derek on TV... but I'll probablly miss it

Nicole Cerundolo said...

Hi Crystal!
And Octa- that's one of my favorite lines, one I literally laughed out loud. I shared it to my friends and family, even though they had no clue what the context was :3

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Well, Sabrina, if you really wanna know...

I was smiling. A LOT. And it was a true smile, not a fake one. I also had tears of hapiness streaming down my cheeks, I was screaming, and I was shaking so much I was actually worried for a moment. Satisfied? :)

Mar-Chu said...

I'M A PANDA!

8D

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

so will i... i never watch rte 1. i hate it espeacially the news, the only good thing on it is the late late show, sometimes

Octa said...

"The sparrow flies south for winter."

That's not really spoilery us it?

Bleeding Lily said...

:D
congrats to all the winners out there!
:)

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

*Kicks flame back *

Octa said...

Hey all the people who said hi to me!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

That's not a spoiler! IT'S EPIC! I may have to do the same one....

Nicole Cerundolo said...

Hi Octa! And lol Mar. 8D

Shadow Whispers said...

hey octa! it's a pleasure to meet you

Min (Thalia) said...

Mar - yes, yes you are.


Octa - oh God, love that quote. No, it's not spoiler-y.

Octa said...

Hey Shadow!

At Val we can both have it!

I've been dreaming about winning ever since I heard about the competition.

And that is the quote I eventually settled on.

But now I'm thinking is there an awesomer quote to use?

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

i knew that was it when you said 'skulduggery' thats why i said ah..

*punches amanda* you started didnt you....

and derek if i may be so bold i voted for you and that blog post was almost touching...

Nicole Cerundolo said...

Hello Shadow and everyone I haven't met yet.

Mar-Chu said...

I think I may ask for "I don't wish to alarm you, but I have a gun pointed at your head" but that may alarm my relatives from the sane side of the family when they come over. Insane side? They're just think I'm being weird, then continue to be weird themselves.

*giggles and pets Mortal Coil and Death Bringer*

Now children, your going to have some clones soon...!






...what? I adopted your books, Derek. They're my children. I care for them as I would a human.

They're my BOOK children, aha.

Well, that wouldn't technically be right, because the books I'm writing are, but...

Octa said...

@ Thalia

You've read DB?

I didn't know!

Octa said...

Blah.

I must leave now!

Night all!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

i love the one 'doors are for people with no imaginations'

Bleeding Lily said...

boggle boggle boggle boggle SPLAT.


wiggl wiggl wiggle wiggle YEAH.

:D

Nicole Cerundolo said...

Bye Octa!

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

*Kicks flame in face*

Mar-Chu said...

...IN THE PENGUIN MODILE!!!

Min (Thalia) said...

Octa - Yes I did. I read it weeks ago and forgot to write on the Spoiler post.

I borrowed Mar's copy and put off homework to read it. It was EPIC.

Min (Thalia) said...

Night Octa!

Mar-Chu said...

BYE OCTA!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

night octa..

Min (Thalia) said...

Flame - NOW I WANT THAT QUOTE. WHY. WHHHYYYYY

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I call my Skulduggery books my babies... All fourteen (or 13) of them...


*realises something and bounces off the ceiling*

I HAVE AN ULTIMATE COLLECTION NOW!!!! (or I will, when I get them in the mail...)

Shadow Whispers said...

hey nicole :) and the several other people I don't know.... it's a pleasure to meet all of you!

Bleeding Lily said...

SHADOWWWW :)

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

ill be right back

*throws bush at amanda.* you definitely went there...

Mar-Chu said...

Ah, speaking of homework...

Min (Thalia) said...

No. I'm sticking with my original quote. Yes. Yeesss.....

*pokes Mar*

What quote are you doing?

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

haha sorry thailia...

BRB!

Shadow Whispers said...

I've been writing and scribbling skulduggery pleasant quotes in NJ Maverick's english arch lever file, and in my own

Cluainn Fhada said...

I'm disappointed that I didn't win.... But that's okay....


I'd like to think I came close in that warm and funny contest, but I really didn't. I'm not a nice person, and the only reason I haven't taken over the world is because I'm too damn lazy. Despite my iron willpower, I pose absolutely no physical threat. To anyone. Ever.

But I have the willpower of.... A castle. Ever tried making a castle go on holidays with you? It's not easy, trust me on this one.

Hey Derek, I have a question. Actually I've two, but in my experience, I've a question sounds better then I've multiple questions.

(If anyone can answer these, go right ahead)

Here goes...

1. What do you do when you written an original story that's a manuscript of at least.... 150 pages? (Unless they count copy pages leaf by leaf, as opposed to page my page... I'm not sure that makes a difference....)

2. What is animation college like? I vaguely recall you saying that you did animation in college, until you dropped out to write a script. I think.... I like art, I wants to do 3D animation in college, but I don't know anyone else who did it.....

Good god typing by iPad is hard.

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

*Throwes brick at flame*

Shadow Whispers said...

hey Lily!!

Mar-Chu said...

*looks at computer mornfully, before setting it aside and getting out binder for writing*

Bye!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*smiles* Amanda's profile picture is fom the party... :)

Cluainn Fhada said...

OW! What kind of aim do you call that!?


I call it bad.

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

*dodges* thats to far....

BRB!

Min (Thalia) said...

You lot are distracting me TOO MUCH. Homework awaits!

*waves and hugs everyone*

Bye!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Amanda I painted a picture of Skulduggery on one of my nails XD

Bleeding Lily said...

SHADOW!
:D
THAT JUST MADE MY DAY :P





now tell me the truth, only the truth and nothing but the truth.

did you steal pierres purple cheese board, but leave the cheese exposed to germs on the counter?!

Anonymous said...

OH MY NOODLES!!!
When I read this started screaming and singing XD
thank you Derek!!!
But what do you mean by 'out of the hat'?
That must've been a pretty big hat for it to have fit all those people who entered :L
But now I must rejoice with some soup...

Mar-Chu said...

Quote? Don't know yet. Need to do homework so won't fail and never get to go with you lunatics to Washington next year.

Must go now.

*runs off*

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

*Throwes 50 bricks at flame*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Washington or Washington DC? No one seems to know there's a difference *cough Sparky XD cough*

Min (Thalia) said...

*pokes head back in*

DC, Val.

*runs off*

Shadow Whispers said...

Bye thalia!!
And no Lily, I didn't do that.
Flame, I told you on the other post, you have to stop trying to beat people up!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

im back

Bleeding Lily said...

good!
cause only a monster would steal a cheese board..

i mean, that cheeseboard meant everything to pierre ):

and hi everyone (:

Cluainn Fhada said...

I feel like making a long and unnessecary rant post, but.... I really have nothing left to say.

I watched my national school musical today, I played Mrs Sowerberry in Oliver Twist.

They threw a bucket of water over me, at first they were going to use confetti, but I told them it looked silly, so they changed it to water.

I lolled at all my lad friends unbroken, high, squeaky voices.

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

thats not my fault she started it this time...

*sends zombies after amanda* thatll teach her...

anybody any suggestions how to make my name change better\? i hate it the way it is..

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

haha... how did you get dried for the rest of it,,.?

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

It could be "Flame Phoenix - Master of Fire"

Cluainn Fhada said...

The Phoenix King?

Stole that from avatar I did, I did.

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

I have a zombie farm and I grow them

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Amanda make sure that farmer doesn't throw chickens at your zombies...


Ah geez favourite quotes are hard to pick...

Shadow Whispers said...

Flame The zombie toddlers again?
It doesn't matter if it was her fault! *smacks over the back of the head*

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

*Sends flying monkyes after flame*

Nicole Cerundolo said...

Wow. I leave for a couple minutes...

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

that hurt.. want me to start with you?


*kicks amanda* brb! gonna cahnge my name..

Shadow Whispers said...

hello again nicole!

Nicole Cerundolo said...

Hi Shadow!

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

*Kicks flame back*

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

*kills monkeys*

whaddya think?

Nicole Cerundolo said...

*sighs* I have to go, for a little bit. I'll be back soon... WITH BLUEBERRY MUFFINS FOR EVERYONE!

Shadow Whispers said...

that was the point Flame! But no I really don't.... *pokes anyway*
How are you Nicole?

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*hugs amanda so hard she can't breathe* I CAN'T BELIEVE I WON!!!

Kristoffer Finelbane (chosen name) said...

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE WHO ENTERED AND WON!

I'm new on the blog so you may not have seen me before, but I would just like to agree with derek on how amazing the community is here. There are no trolls or haters, everyone respects and interacts with everyone like they would in real life, and that is something that I think is rare on the internet.

Thank YOU derek, for making this book series and creating this blog so that fans (such as myself) can all come together.

Best wishes to everyone!

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

I think you suck

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

bye nicole...

*punches shadow, so hard she falls over*

thats the stuff val!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

who sucks? me?


well said Kris, i also think that and said once... nice to meet you *offers muffin*

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

Yes you

Shadow Whispers said...

*knocks flame over a table* don't start with me *pokes in the head with a sharp stick*

ViennaJarred said...

Congrats to all those who won! You guys deserved it! :D

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

I'm eating ice cream :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

*forgives amanda* for thaT I COULDVE KILLED YOU... but i may ask why?

*knocks her through a window..* you started with ME..

BOTH of you did... im not the BAD GUY here...

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*frowns at flame* you didn't offer ME a muffin when we met. *remembers meeting* Wait, maybe that's because the first thing I said to you was along the lines of, "*kicks Rachel's body into bushes* Hi, I'm Darquesse. Would you like to donate your spine?"

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

i knocked shadow through window btw, brb

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

I said you suck because you killed my flying monkyes :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

yeah proably :)

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

I just wonted them to hert you a little flame

Shadow Whispers said...

You're the one who reacted flame *hits him verry verry hard over the back of the head with a frying pan* violence isn't the answer, but this is purely in self defense *punches in the stomach repeatedly*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Amanda! You got first! Who's the page dedicated to? :D

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 4894   Newer› Newest»