Friday, December 20, 2013

'Tis The Season...

... to be jolly, fa la la la laa, la la la laaaaaaa...

My Christmas tree is up. It actually went up a few weeks ago. It's not a REAL Christmas tree. I mean, it's real ENOUGH. It's not IMAGINARY. If you threw it at someone, it'd hit them. But it's made from assorted plastics and stuff. Also it's black. It looks awesome, but lacks that Christmas tree smell. But I don't mind that. My folks have a real Christmas tree up, and that's where Christmas happens anyway, so who cares if my house doesn't smell of pine needles? Not me. Not really.

Not... really...

Anyway, yes, the tree. It's up. The presents are bought. They're not wrapped, but they're bought. Most of them. Okay, I haven't a clue what to get my dad, but he's a dad. He'll be happy with socks. Fathers are simple creatures. 

So... tree up. Presents bought. These are things I set aside time to do, because I needed to set aside time. I've been so busy lately that if I hadn't set aside this time, I just wouldn't get around to it. There are loads of things I just didn't have time for, like sending out Christmas cards. I love sending out cards. I try to combine it with answering all the letters from readers, so when I send off a reply, they get a Christmas card too. How lovely! But not this year. Answering all those letters, sending all those cards, would take two days at a minimum, and they are two days I can't afford to take off writing. 

The writing is going well, by the way. I've been focussing on short stories these last three weeks, building up quite a collection of new stuff. Each of these stories will be told in a different "voice" than the one you're used to. You'll see what I mean when you read them. 

One thing that I haven't decided on yet are the Christmas Skype calls I was planning on making. Essentially, I was going to take an hour one day and just fit as many three-minute Skype calls into that hour as I could. It seemed like a lovely idea at the time, but I'm not so sure anymore. Not everyone who wanted a call would be available on that hour, and so I'd have to field quite a few complaints. Then there'd be the people who'd want a one-on-one chat, when I'd only be comfortable chatting if there were two or more people in the room with you. Basically, my idea would end up causing a whole lot of hassle that I could really do without, so I just don't know. 

Okay then, enough jibber-jabber. I have work to do. 

Be cool, my Minions. 

4,953 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   3201 – 3400 of 4953   Newer›   Newest»
Anonymous said...

The likelyhood of me ever discovering who I was before is so low I tend to just forget about it these days, as much as I want to know.

#ChaseForBook9

Snow said...

(( *bows all that was based on bastille songs.... or more, inspired by bastille songs.



BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE))

Anonymous said...

((There is? HUZZAH!))

#ChaseForBook9

Adra said...

*Stands up, going to Trip*
*Takes a deep breath*

Well then. I can help, if you want... But, it would be at the risk that you might be someone different...

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

(( [Shrugs] ))

(( [hugs Adra] ))

Adra said...

(*Bites Fabi's ear*)

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Alexis: ok

Snow said...

... I'm not perfect, you know... and... I dont wear my flaws with pride... I just... acknowledge then...

L: I ... *hugs* you're perfect to me.

((End scene))

Adra said...

(D'awwww. Adorabaloo.)

Anonymous said...

I don't know, if I want to know.

#ChaseForBook9

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

(( [Yelps and throws a coconut-filled chocolate at Adra] ))

(( [hides behind a pillow] ))

Snow said...

(( now im thinkjng of using more songs as insperation... hmmm))

Adra said...

*Nods slowly* Well... *Reaches, taking his hands* If you ever decide, I'll stand by your decision. Even if it means you might change..

Adra said...

((*Takes it, and sips the coconut* Delish.

*Throws a souffle at her*))

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Adra.

#ChaseForBook9

Snow said...

 “I do not think, sir, you have any right to command me, merely because you are older than I, or because you have seen more of the world than I have; your claim to superiority depends on the use you have made of your time and experience.”  
― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

Adra said...

*Smiles* No problem, dear.

*Glances around him*

Excuse me for a moment, I have to go gather some firewood... You might as well make yourself comfortable for the night- get settled and all. I'm not sure how long it'll take.

*Glides from the caves, moving to where she saw a few dry sticks earlier, gathering them up with a chill*

That damn table..

Adra said...

(The Bronte sisters are the best!)

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

*sits in my room in the treehouse* that god damned copy!!! I cant speak to it

Ravel: I get it, relax.

Anonymous said...

*sits on a rock*

How're you, Alexis?

#ChaseForBook9

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Alexis: alright I guess

Anonymous said...

Good.

#ChaseForBook9

Adra said...

*Gathers up more wood in her arms, picking them where she can, even going down to the lake even to gather them*

*She begins to shiver* Oh my gods... *Begins to make her way back* I shouldn't have torn the dress. I shouldn't have torn it.. *Growls at herself*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Alexis: I'm just a bit upset honestly

Snow said...

Akward moment between trip and alexis. XD

Adra said...

*Walks in, and looks at the two of them*

*Goes to the side, building the small fire*

Anonymous said...

I kind of expected that. We all are.

#ChaseForBook9

Adra said...

*Works with a match until she has a good fire going*

*Blows on it, until the fire grows and grows*

*Wraps her arms around herself, and curls up*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Alexis: *quietly* yeah aren't we all? *sighs*

Adra said...

*Listens to what they're saying*
*Knows all too well herself*

Snow said...

I love reading this btw, wish I could be involved. But id probably mess it up a bit, pr change it a lot. *shrugs*

Adra said...

*Reaches into her bag and pulls out a little rack and puts hot water over the flames*
*Carefully tends to the water*

Snow said...

G2g, bye

Adra said...

(Bye Snow!

And Trip, who is probably gone..?)

Adra said...

*Finishes the hot chocolate*
*She pours herself a bit, goes over and hands some to Alexis*

*Curls up against a break in the wall, keeping it close to her for warmth*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Alexis: *sighs*

Adra said...

*Frowns*
*Figures She might not want to talk about it*

*Puts her chocolate to the side and wraps her arms around herself, closing her eyes*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Alexis: I'm scared...

Adra said...

*Shakes her head, her eyes still closed* Fear isn't necessary, Lexi. We'll save him- he will be fine.

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Alexis: I've seen a lot today...just is overwhelming

Adra said...

*Smiles* It's alright- completely natural. I wouldn't expect anything less, really.

*Nods to her* Get some rest. You'll be fine tomorrow.

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Alexis: I'm not tired though

Adra said...

*Rolls her eyes* You're more so than you think. Mental exhaustion is a thing as well..

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Alexis: I know Adra. I'm a Sensitive. I always am mentally exhausted after training with Kayla.

Adra said...

*Murmurs to herself* Try all the time...

*Glances up* Please, Lexi. Try to get some sleep. We don't know what'll happen tomorrow.

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Alexis: fine. *curls up in a ball*

Adra said...

*Smirks* I won't need to sing to you, will I?

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Alexis: I've never been sung to, since I was Livvy's age. Mom sings to Livvy. *closes eyes* And Christopher

Adra said...

*Shrugs* One never gets too old..

Adra said...

(wb Snow)

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Alexis: *giggles* Never!

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

(Hey Snow....holy hell -15

Adra said...

*Pushes herself up into a more comfortable position, and thinks*

*Sings an old song from when she was younger, in a separate language from English, her voice rolling over the notes soothingly, like melted chocolate*

Adra said...

(We're at... -8, windchill of -28)

Snow said...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q3bGYljQ5Uw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dq3bGYljQ5Uw

its all CGI and editing, but.... wow...

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Alexis: *smiles drifting off to sleep, peaceful*

(Air temp: -5 windchill is about -25....im in the house freezing with heat and you can hear the wind...no school is open

Adra said...

(Yeah.. That's really cold?)

*She continues to sing until she's absolutely sure Alexis is asleep*

*Still feels proud that she can manage to do that, 200 years later*

*Closes her eyes, thinking about how good of a mother she would have been*
*Rubs her arms, relaxing*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Olivia: *sits up by Momma* Can I go to the Sanctuary?

When?

Olivia: Tomorrow.

Ravel: Do you want to come with me?

Olivia: yeah!!!

Adra said...

*Curls up on her side, falls asleep easily*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

(Night if you sleep)

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

((Littleeeee Mixxxxxxxx))

Snow said...

*hugs fabbbb*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

(Huh

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

[hugs Snowy]

Snow said...

My mum just said
"You can't eat crayon"

And I said
"No, you shouldn't eat crayon. There's a difference"

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

[Photo editingggggg]

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

(I'm gonna sleep now

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

((Night Zafffffff!

Snow said...

Nighttttt zafflllleeee

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

[Sticks a smiley face sticker to Snow's sleeve]

Snow said...

*sticks a smily face sticker on fabi's nose*

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

[Relocates sticker from nose to hat where it does not itch]

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Snow said...

*pokes fabi's cheek*

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

Hmmmmm

[Is trying to decide whether to switch profile pics to one of my new LM edits or keep this awesome one Mara did]

[Is probably just going to email out my edits]

[They'll be here for anyone who's interested]

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

[Pokes Snow's elbow]

Snow said...

*doesn't know what fabi should do*

*licks fabi's elbow*

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

[Locates a paper towel and wipes elbow]

[Is keeping current pic for now, methinks]

Snow said...

*nods*

*wonders if we're talking telepathically*

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

Henry: [Nods sagely]

Moss: [Tilts head at Henry] [Pauses] [Nods at Snow]

Snow said...

*gives Henry an owl cookie* *because there are definitely such things as owl cookies*

*sits down*

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

Henry: [Eats the cookie in an extremely dignified manner]

Moss: [Points out that there are too many crumbs for it to be considered dignified]

Henry: [Glares] [Eats all the crumbs that fell to the floor when he was devouring his treat]

Snow said...

*majestically eats a doughnut* *because I am awesome like that*

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

Henry: [Doesn't acknowledge Moss] [Nods approvingly at Snow]

Esquibeth: [Bounces in and tries to pounce on the doughnut]

((Msd....))

Snow said...

(Kay)

*huggles esquibeth*

Snow said...

G2g, dinner. *huggles Henry, Esquibeth and Fabi* byee

Anonymous said...

OLLO

Anonymous said...

☂☂turns into Mycroftbunny☂☂

☂☂hops over to Esquibeth, curious☂☂

Anonymous said...

☂And yes, there's an important line between CAN'T and SHOULDN'T.☂

Snow said...

EMBEERRRRRRRRR!!!! I THINK FABI LEFT

BLOOOOOBBBB

Anonymous said...

☂HIIIIIIII☂

☂☂Mycroftbunny hops over to Snowfish☂☂

Snow said...

*is now a bunny*

Anonymous said...

☂☂Mycroftbunny gives Stormbunny an Eskimo kiss☂☂

Snow said...

*hides behind ember*

Anonymous said...

*looks concerned*

*hops over*

Snow said...

*is hiding*

Snow said...

MYCROFT IS MY BUNNY BUDDY

Anonymous said...

☂(Yeah!)☂

*hops around, finding her immediately*

*gives her a bunny-friendship-nuzzle*

Snow said...

*teleports to embers shoulder* *because I'm a magic bunny*

Anonymous said...

*looks sad*

*ears flop*

Anonymous said...

☂(Btw, did you know I gave Mycroft's umbrella teleportation powers?)☂

Snow said...

*teleports back and put mycroftbunny on other shoulder*

Anonymous said...

*looks happy*

Snow said...

(Cool!)

Anonymous said...

*nose twitches*

Snow said...

*bunny-signs* we are shoulder bunnys

Anonymous said...

*bunny-sings* And what does that mean, Miss Stormbunny? Are we condemned to life on a single platform? Are we not free bunnies?

Snow said...

*bunny-sings* no, it means we are bunnys that sit oj shoulders

Anonymous said...

☂(I MEANT SIGNS)☂

☂☂(mutters)☂☂ ☂bunny-sings☂

*bunny-signs* That is an unfair generalisation.

Anonymous said...

*bunny-signs* We were previously on the floor, were we not? Did we change from floor-bunnies to shoulder-bunnies? I, personally, did not feel my genetic makeup change in any way.

Snow said...

*facepaw* *bunny-signs* I was trying to have fun. Meany. *sits on embers head, sulking*

Anonymous said...

Oh. My apologies.

*tries to climb up Ember's head*

☂Oy! That tickles!☂

☂☂puts him on the floor gently☂☂

*frowns*

*gets out tiny bunnybrella*

*teleports to Ember's head next to Snow*

*bunny-signs* My apologies.

Snow said...

*tackle hugs, knocking us both of embers head*

Anonymous said...

*squeals*

*uses bunnybrella to float to the ground safely with Stormbunny*

Anonymous said...

☂(This is just the most adorable rp)☂

Snow said...

(Yushh)

*steals bunnybrella*

*bunny-signs* mine now

Anonymous said...

*big eyes*

*mewling sound*

Snow said...

*bunny-signs* MINEEEEE

Anonymous said...

*bunny-signs* I will call my lawyers if I have to, Miss Stormbunny, and we will burn you down to the ground.

Anonymous said...

*tries to grab the umbrella out of her paws*

*falls over*

Snow said...

*bunny-signs* but it just so amazing!!! *clurches bunnybrella*

Snow said...

*eyes widen and checks if mycroftbunny is okay*

Anonymous said...

*whimpers*

Snow said...

*huggles mycroftbunny, placing bunnybrella next to him*

Anonymous said...

*pauses, then huggles back*

Anonymous said...

*discreetly moves the bunnybrella away from Stormbunny using his foot*

Snow said...

*suddenly dashes away, hiding*

Anonymous said...

*looks confused*

*bunny-signs* What are you hiding from?

Snow said...

*bunny-signs* youuuuuu. Not gonna find mehhhhh. *hides*

Anonymous said...

*bunny-signs* Challenge accepted.

*hops around, twitching his nose and trying to find her*

Snow said...

*has quietly teleported to inside embers jacket pocket*

(Btw, you are now wearing a jacket)

Snow said...

((
http://www.quotev.com/quiz/4265469/Witch-fandom-do-you-belong-in/

THERE IS NO SUPERWHOLOCK OPTION
ASDFGHJKLASDFGUJKLJGSGDUWK))

Anonymous said...

☂(I like jackets :D)☂

*sniffs around Ember's feet*

Anonymous said...

☂(What was yours?)☂

Snow said...

(Whovian. Then the second time sherlock.)

*sits still jn embers pocket*

Anonymous said...

☂(I GOT WHOVIAN TOO!)☂

*twitches nose*

*climbs up Ember's leg*

☂☂frowns☂☂

☂Hey, ouchie!☂

☂☂pats Mycroftbunny anyway☂☂

*notices the bulge in Ember's jacket pocket*

*sniffs at it*

*makes squeaky noises*

Snow said...

*pretends I'm not here*

Anonymous said...

☂(Okay I gotta go buy some food so I'll see you later!)☂

*squeaks*

*wiggles his way into the jacket pocket*

*nuzzles Stormbunny*

*poofs*

Snow said...

Byeeeeee ember and mycroftbunny

Anonymous said...

☂Hello!☂

Anonymous said...

☂(again)☂

Snow said...

Hello!! Distant, sorry, cleaning teeth

Snow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Snow said...

Did ya leave again??

Anonymous said...

*smiles*

Anonymous said...

*hops over*

*signs* I'm here.

Snow said...

*pokes*

Anonymous said...

*looks horrified*

*signs* Please refrain from doing that. There are enough people in this world who like to disrupt my stomach.

*looks at his fluffy stomach, which is still wobbling after Stormbunny poked it*

Snow said...

*signs* sorrryyyyyy *huggles*


*thinks*
*signs* imma bored. I'd suggest bunny chess, but it is rather hard, what with being a bunny and all.

Anonymous said...

*huggles back*

*signs back* Bunny Operation is much harder, trust me. I'm sure we can find some other game to play. What games do rabbits usually play?

Snow said...

*signs* I don't know. I imagine ones that involve chasing.

Anonymous said...

*signs* Or perhaps carrots. Or lettuce. I wonder if we could find some sort of slope to ski down on a lettuce leaf... sort of like a literal bunny slope...

Snow said...

*signs* that'd be fun. *thinks*

Anonymous said...

*turns to Ember*

*noms on the bottom of her pants and tugs gently to get her attention*

☂☂looks down☂☂

☂Yes?☂

*does weird skiing motions*

☂Ah. I'm afraid I don't know how to help you with that... why don't you guys just teleport over to a ski slope?☂

*waves paws around*

☂Ah. You don't have a coat.☂

Snow said...

*signs* bunny coats are hard to find.

Anonymous said...

☂I actually know of a bunny tail-or (DO YOU GET THE PUN? DO YOU?) nearby who can help you buy coats. I'll take you there, if you want.☂

Snow said...

Sure ( YES I GET THE PUN) that'd be lovely

Anonymous said...

☂Okay! (GOOD)☂

☂☂picks them both up gently☂☂

☂☂carries them to the TAILOR☂☂

☂☂puts them down☂☂

☂☂gives them some money☂☂

☂Have fun clothes shopping!☂

Snow said...

*blinks*
*signs* o-okay then...

Anonymous said...

*finds a really expensive, well-tailored coat*

*looks at the amount of money he has*

*adds up the amount of money they have collectively*

*frowns because it isn't enough, and anyway it's not practical for skiing*

*signs* What are you thinking of getting, Miss Stormbunny?

Snow said...

*thinks*

*signs* something warm and well fitting. Preferably of a decent price.

Anonymous said...

*signs* That sounds reasonable. Any particular colour?

Snow said...

*signs* no. So long as it's not pink

Anonymous said...

*signs* Alright.

*looks through all the tailored coats, trying to find one that's as warm as it is fashionable*

*eventually goes for a big, puffy, fluffy black jacket just because it's super warm and comfy*

Snow said...

(:P)

Anonymous said...

☂(:D)☂

Anonymous said...

☂(I told you! When I'm around, you get first :p)☂

Snow said...

(I dedicate this page to bunnys looking for well-tailored ski jackets)

*riffles around in a line of jackets*

Anonymous said...

☂(Seems legit.)☂

*signs* Have you found anything that caught your eye?

Snow said...

*nods, pulling out a navy blue fluffy jacket*

*quickly checks the price and smiles*

*signs, after trying it on* perfect

Anonymous said...

*signs* You look lovely. Alright, off to the cashier we go!

*pays*

Snow said...

*silently pays and hops out the door*

Anonymous said...

*hops out with her*

☂Nice jackets! Okay, off you guys go.☂

*teleports them both to a ski slope*

Snow said...

G2g!! *huggles ember and mycroftbunny* byee

Anonymous said...

☂(NOOOOOO)☂

Anonymous said...

*sighs sadly*

*tail and ears droop*

*shuffles dejectedly along the ski slope with his skis on, the two poles dragging along behind him*

*sits down and takes off his skis*

*goes for a walk, bunny shoulders slumped*

*trips over a rock*

*tumbles down the mountain*

Emerald Melody said...

hello?

The Grave of a Coward said...

Hullo?

Emerald Melody said...

Anni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

*rolls in* *grumbles*

The Grave of a Coward said...

Hullo, Emerald!
Sorry I haven't been on in a while.
I've been busy.

Emerald Melody said...

What you grumbling for Kerias, you're off today lol

Oh I know all about life taking over Anni, don't worry about it!

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Holy hell its cold *cuddles dynamite shivering*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Emmy convert -15 degrees Farheiheit to Celsius.

The Grave of a Coward said...

It's been sub-zero where I come from as well.

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

I'm off school due to it

-26 Celsius Em, thats what it is here...

Emerald Melody said...

-26 celsius?? I don't understand...

Emerald Melody said...

Ah sucks to be you lol

Its only 8 here.

Keep warm though all my Americano friends. I don't want popsicles as friends from now on.

The Grave of a Coward said...

*stretches*
*yawns*
*sips a cup of tea*
Nothing like a hot cup of tea on a cold morning.
So, how have you been, Emerald?

Adra said...

(Celsius? I'm calling BS...)

The Grave of a Coward said...

ADRA!

Emerald Melody said...

Now its a party lol

The Grave of a Coward said...

PARTY TIME!
*hides in the corner with a book*
This is how I party.

Adra said...

(Hello, Annika! *hugs*

Ay, 25C is like... In the 50s or 60s, I think. I might be wrong.

Adra said...

(Then again, I have no idea how the metric system works!


GOOD JOB AMERICA!)

The Grave of a Coward said...

The metric system is a system of measurement, not a system of temperature.
*pushes her glasses up on her nose*

Emerald Melody said...

I was going to suggest carrying on with the roleplay but that's not fair on Anni and I'm not sure if we should wait for Trip anymore -_-

The Grave of a Coward said...

Nah, that's quite alright. I can leave.

Sir said...

The international system of units certainly makes far more sense than the American.

Emerald Melody said...

Oh no, no no no no!!!

I don't want you to leave Anni, you just got here.

«Oldest ‹Older   3201 – 3400 of 4953   Newer› Newest»