Thursday, July 26, 2012

Spoiling...


Okay then...

For those of you who have read KOTW, first of all, I'm glad you seem to be liking it, but I'm going to have to ask you to be careful. And for those of you who haven't read it- which is the vast majority of you- I'm going to have to ask you to be EXTRA careful. There are spoilers all over the place, on forums and Facebook pages and Tumblr... 

The heartening thing is that these spoilers don't pop out of thin air. Everything is tagged with spoiler warnings, which I really appreciate. But I know you lot. I know how impatient you can be. I know that if you're on a forum and you come to a post that's hidden behind a spoiler warning, and all it takes is one little click... I know how tempting it is to just sneak a teeny tiny peek...

Which could ruin the entire book for you.

We have, what, 35 days until it's widely available? That's a lot of days for mistakes to be made, or for something to slip out...

So be careful. I was never a fan of releasing this book so far in advance of the Ireland/UK date but I was convinced it was necessary in order to facilitate the tour. If it doesn't work out, it won't be happening again. I don't know what that would mean for any future Down Under tours, but I'll deal with that if it crops up. 

So, I want to thank everyone for behaving themselves as far as spoilers go, and ask that they continue to be very, very careful about what they say. 

And also, some of those spoilers (of which I am allowed to read, because, y'know, I wrote the book) and your reactions to them have made me grin...


4,879 comments:

1 – 200 of 4879   Newer›   Newest»
The Sweet said...

well then.... o_o

Dawn Legacy said...

I need to read it :( But I always look at spoilers early on....Gahhh

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

3RD!!!!!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Derek, how come if your book was already ready to be published in Australia it couldn't be published at the same time in the UK? I mean, yeah, you're touring there first, but that doesn't mean you have to publish a book later because you're touring later.

Please answer! Also... COME TO AMERICA.

The Sweet said...

if you, Mr. Landy, are ammused by the readers' reactions I'm sure there is going to be another plot twist...

then again, it can't be as bad as the Lord Vile thing.

but you've surprised me before...

Tenh said...

Trust me guys, definitely not worth spoiling it, I finished reading it last night and there are a few eyeball popping moments better read then spoiled. For those waiting, you're in for a treat, definitely my fav book by far :D Thx very muchly Derek

kaladevi said...

Oh gosh just 35 more days I can't wait *fangirling*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

By the way, I'm officially DEAD until KOTW comes out...

Alfridge Bones said...

I feel guilty Mr Landy!
I COULDNT RESIST!
I attempted to get my parents to order me one from Aus. but my Mother seems to believe that Customs will burn it or something because its not registered/released here yet.

SO I LOOKED. I GOT SPOILS. QUITE BIG ONES TOO. I dont mind - I'll still buy Hardback, Special Edition, and Paperback and read them all AND LOVE THEM FOR MONTHS IF NOT YEARS.

Maybe if we had like maybe a few more Chapters that would have kept me at bay :P Like Death Bringer we got three chapters?

ANYWAY - LONG POST IS LONG.

~Nathan of Le Gang

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA COME TO AMERICA

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Please :)

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Now Derek seriously for those who actually WANT to know something can we ask the people who have read KOTW? Or would that just upset you? Oh and good morning!

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Ditto Val

wait lets kidnap him....first we need to get the Ireland...*evil grin*

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Actually I think Derek is asleep...and Taylor says hi. Taylor my niece who so wins the cuteness war! Though i'll let our Golden God think his nieces win :P

Arcanine said...

Thank you so much for an amazing boil! It was really incredible and I loved every second of it. There were so many twists and turns and I really had no idea what was coming. I read it straight through all night so right now I'm running on no sleep!!! Wooh!!! Anyways can't wait to meet you in Brisbane!

Arcanine said...

BOOK!!!*****

God I'm such a fail...

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Derek, don't forget that you still have to send me Death Bringer, The End of the World, and Kingdom of the Wicked... I NEED KINGDOM OF THE WICKED.

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

He owes 3 Ameriminions including me a letter. Unless he hasnt gotten a letter from me. I sent it! Amazon better be nice to me about the book...if they cancel my order they'll hear the wrath of me

Arcanine said...

Also it's true that whoever hasn't read it yet DON'T look at spoilers... It's not worth reading the book and knowing what will happen next because there are a LOT of amazing moments that will be destroyed if you look at spoilers beforehand...

Unknown said...

I can't wait that long for the book, IT'S TOO LONG!
Especially since the only way I ever got books was by winning one of the book competitions.
Damn. ;~;

Oh and has anybody else not read The End OF The World yet? I haven't :c

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

I only want to know one thing and I'll shut up. Now Derek can spoon me for asking if he wants but,

Does Billy-Ray live?

Arcanine said...

Zafira you're going to have to wait! :( it's agony I'm sure but it's all worth it in the end when you read a book spoiler free... Hi, by the way :)

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

*grabs Arcanine and throws in Blogland lake*

That's my revenge...

You trying to kill me????? How shall I sleep?! I cant sleep!!!!!

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

Oka me threw an Aussie in the lake...okay I feel better now.

*climbs in tree awaiting Master Derek*

blogspeak when you get up...I know its late. I'm half asleep at the moment

Aishling Murphy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arcanine said...

Hahahaha *uses awesome powers of water manipulation to dump the lake on Zafira's head*
We're even now!!!! HAHAHAHA *SUPER EVIL GENIUS LAUGH*

...yeah I'm a tad tired too

Zanida Laufeydottir Queen of Asgard (Zafira Kerias) said...

*shadow walks* eeeeepppp!!!!!

*sacrifices Derek*

ok me go poof to go on deck

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*tackles Zafira*


HOW DARE YOU SACRIFICE DEREK!

Making the Legend said...

GAH! EXCITING!!!!!

Do you have a Tumblr MR. Landy? If so, could you tell me so that I can follow you (or jsut follow me then I'll follow you back - ifanythingremember)

-Molly, still trying to learn to dance.

Raechel Hudson said...

Derek, all I can say is WOW-DJKSDajfhdg;ajg;a...

As soon as I heard the news that it was being released early (ie: yesterday) I convinced someone to drive me to the store and pounced on its gorgeous shiny cover. Several things prevented me from absorbing it ASAP, but as soon as I could, I was like a spider sucking out the innards of a helpless victim.
It made me laugh in so many places, grin throughout the entire thing, cry so happily in one place and then shout with triumph as I finally finished it at 4am in the morning. That last bit - that amazing, terrible, wonderful last bit, is part of a theory I have had for a while. I was so thrilled I was correct! Well, at least in part. Oh, and I caught your sneaky little reference too. *They* are indeed, very cool :D

Raechel Hudson said...

Oh, and I found a truly amusing Skul related drwing for you Mr. Landy. It made me laugh for a minute straight :D
http://thevoodoofish.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d2iyw6y

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Raechel-


It does hurt, it does XD

Jakro Tintreach said...

hi derek... PLEEEEEAASSSEE get your publishers to publish in america again...
*not that I'd buy them from here... uk english is WAY cooler*

Jakro Tintreach said...

raechel... you stole first comment from me on new years
*grabs shiny blade weapons*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Oi! Jakro! I heard you were in Edmonds. Did you like it?

Jakro Tintreach said...

good Ice cream

Jakro Tintreach said...

the baskin robins has VERY good ice cream

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I haven't been to Baskin Robins in years... I usually go to the Revelations place

Jakro Tintreach said...

huh... I just read a few spoilers... *gets hammer*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I refuse to read spoilers...


Every time I read the word 'Spoilers' I can hear River Song's voice...

Jakro Tintreach said...

hahaha... I only read one... and it's going to be..... sooooooooooooooooooo good!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I turned to Amanda and said, "I'm going to check one website for spoilers" and then it had none. :(

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

Nice! I'm going to get KOTW on me kindle! *hehehhe*

Unapplicable. said...

Ahaha, there are so many spoilers on Tumblr. Becky's not very happy about that.
I do agree with you though, Derek.

Laksikan J said...

You know I find it weird that it seems there are more U.S fans then there are Canadian fans, but the U.S only gets 3 books and never get a tour.

Arcanine said...

Raechel I loved the sneaky references as well they were awesome and made me smile. :)

Unapplicable. said...

I agree with Rachael, that reference made me stare at it in suspicion and then I started laughing as I realised what our Golden God had done.
You're good, Derek. You're very very good.

Moonie said...

Derek, you look at Tumblr? ...... I have to ask, have you seen me on there? 'Mooncactus'. I do post on the tag a lot, haha.


Anyway, I'm avoiding the spoilers (but not the teases because Australians are jerks and like to leave hinting posts on the Valduggery thread.)

Kribu said...

I'm having a serious love/hate relationship with the nice Australians leaving teasing (and non-spoilery) comments all over the Valduggery thread in the forums, as Moonie mentioned.

I have been good and managed to not click on any spoiler-tagged comments in any other threads. And avoided the main spoiler topic. But this is SO HARD. It's like my fingers are itching to guide the mouse there, gently, and click, just a tiny little bit, because surely it couldn't hurt to see just one tiny little spoiler, and...

I haven't done it. Yet. I'm hoping that if I can survive a few more days, I'll be okay and the temptation will lessen (although never entirely go away).

Nixion Strange said...

I read the biggest spoiler of the book by mistake Derek
It was because this person had been putting their stories under this spoiler tag, and it was a joke, because he was acting like it was part of the actual series, but on this one spoiler tag, it was the actual spoiler

Raechel Hudson said...

I really dislike spoilers too. I am very lucky have the book now, so I guess I don't know really how hard it is for you guys. *Gives you all enormous apologetic hugs*
I think the best idea is kinda to just avoid the forums. Go reread the series, or maybe write or draw some fanfiction to keep yourselves occupied until the book arrives?

Kribu said...

I don't think I can avoid the forums for the next 35 days. I mean, there are people there I like, and other conversations to be had, too. :-/

I am avoiding looking at any Skulduggery posts whatsoever on Tumblr though, outside those on my dash, as I have so few SP-posting people friended there that I'm trusting those handful of people will be good about spoilers and not post any... won't know that about everyone else though, so no general clicking around.

Gah. It's so hard. *should focus on something else, yes - like work, for example*

Dragoon_theGreat said...

anyone know why adelaide doesn't get it til the 1st?

Nixion Strange said...

It's at some Big W's there Dragoon, why don't you try that?

Dragoon_theGreat said...

i might! although the big w that is somewhat close to me, there books tend to be damaged alot, anywhere else? because i usually get mine from Target, as i did with Death Bringer & Mortal Coil

Nixion Strange said...

No, I only heard from one person who got it from Big W. Sorry

Dragoon_theGreat said...

thanks anyways!
i must go, hunger is getting to me ;)

Nixion Strange said...

See ya

Star Inkbright said...

WELL! I was on the old post for an hour and a half before realising that there was a new one and that NOBODY HAD TOLD ME . . .

*smiles* But at least it gave me time to catch up with the bubble.

Star Inkbright said...

So. HI.

Nixion Strange said...

Hi Star!
I just came here, I didn't go to the old post. I didn't go there and leave or anything

Star Inkbright said...

Even if nobody IS here . . .

*laughs* As I'm not sure whether Nix is still here or not, you can interpret that sentence whichever way you want.

Star Inkbright said...

Hi Nix!

Aha, you ARE here. My last comment needs adjusting slightly then.

*Nobody

Star Inkbright said...

I knew you came straight here. Well, I guessed.

Nixion Strange said...

Well, Nobody is here
Ha, that would make more sense with my old name

Star Inkbright said...

I did what I do at school when people say they'll wait from me and they don't. I find them, rant angrily at them for a minute or two, then just smile and forget about it. Because once I've ranted, I cease to be angry. If I rant to someone else before finding the people who didn't wait for me, then by the time I find the people who didn't wait for me I'll've already stopped being angry with them, which doesn't seem quite fair to me, but oh well.

Star Inkbright said...

I knowwww.

Those who know you from before'll get it though.

Star Inkbright said...

I'm not ENTIRELY sure why I'm commenting so quickly. Probably suffering from blog-deprevation. I've written, like, five comments in the past three days, and it's the HOLIDAYS. The time when you come here MORE.

Now I'm home, I fully intend to be here more. Especially as I've already read four of my seventeen library books (the library books in my profile pic, if anyone's intetested) and I need to save them for the rest of the holidays.

Nixion Strange said...

I am not going back to the forums until I've read KOTW. They ruined the book for me

Alexander Mythology said...

Seventy second!

Alexander Mythology said...

And now to read the post.

Star Inkbright said...

I saw you saying that up there *points up at the distant grey clouds of old comments* Made me annoyzigged at them. I'd be really upset if that happened to me.

Star Inkbright said...

Hi Myth!

Nixion Strange said...

Hey Myth!

Nixion Strange said...

Oh, and I've started a PJ fan-fic

Nixion Strange said...

Okay, two, but whatever

Star Inkbright said...

Brb.

Anonymous said...

KOTW? In a word?

Brilliant. Absolutely bloody brilliant.

And so I shall speak no more of the wonders that lie between those covers... And instead tauntingly dance around with it.

Star Inkbright said...

Sounds awesomesauce!

Back - my mum was on the phone. She's a youth worker and she's on a residential with work so she phoned us to say hi . . . It's chucking it down where she is, whereas we've just had baking hot sun. I feel sorry for them

Nixion Strange said...

Do not dare even hint any more about the book. The bits I don't know about yet I do not want to know about yet, unless I read it myself

Star Inkbright said...

Hi Molly!

Alexander Mythology said...

Yeah, Hi Molly. It's good to talk to you.

Star Inkbright said...

Nix, I can't comment on any blog except Derek's, so I'll just tell you on here that I was tempted to say others, but that I'm going to vote for HP fanfic number one.

Alexander Mythology said...

I got the book out from my school library and I still haven't turned a single page. How gutting is that?

Nixion Strange said...

Very gutting

Okay Star

Be back soon

Star Inkbright said...

See you then.

Lavender Hope said...

One comment. Sorry guys. :(

Star- I know what you mean by like, 5 comments in the past few days. Same here only it feel like...less...

Now to talk about the post. I just realized how long 35 days is... I know. I'm slow sometimes... -_- anyway, I might actually be home in time to get the book. I come back to America August 22nd, so maybe I can get it before I read any spoilers. I was worried I would get it late after (almost) everyone's read it. Then they'd be talkin about it and I wouldn't even have it yet, but no worries! I'm not going to read any spoilies! <-- okay, that was weird. Sorry! :P

Well, that's all I can type now. It's almost 5 PM and I still have chores to finish... This is the first time I checked this blog today. Usually I'd check it earlier and now I'm afraid I might not even be able to come here anymore! With all the things I have to do. It sucks. :(

Bye!

Drew O'Connor said...

I only posted my latest chapter last night and there are already 8 views?!

Ye are all insane.

Star Inkbright said...

Hi/fours, Lav! Hope to speak to you properly soon! :(

Hi Em! Yes, I'm falling behind with everybody's blogs . . . *goes to Em's blog* Don't worry, yours isn't the only one I'm behind on . . .

Nixion Strange said...

WEREWOLVES
I AM SO IN THE WEREWOLF MOOD

Drew O'Connor said...

I just think that your insane for even being followers on my story.

I'm ok but I'm not that good.

Nixion Strange said...

...*you're

sorry

And yeah, I know what you mean Em

Drew O'Connor said...

Nix it's after 9 in the morning, my grammar isn't on my mind lol

Avotica said...

You know what
I really really want to know what's going on with Stephanie's reflection... Because it just really gets to me when I know something not right but I can't say anything about it.
So it's available in Australia now? Hmmm... I feel special now. Must find my friend and steal if from him, I'm sure he has a copy by now.
Spoilers on tumblr, does Derek have a tumblr? Bet he has all tags concerning him tracked. I remember once I put a few skulduggery quotes on my blog and people were randomly reblogging them for months and months after I posted them. I love the one liners in this series.

Star Inkbright said...

Oh. My. Goldem. God!!!!!

That was SO good Em, my eyes were jusr flying frantically down the page desperate to know what happened. When Jessie got bitten I was just loke NOOOOOOO!!!!! and then when the Guardians came and stopped Drew looking for her it was just like NO NO NO JESSIE NOOOOOOO!!!!!

If I had to describe it in one word, it would be panic-inducing. That was just mean of Deacon, giving Ellie that lycanthropy book.

Why can't Dublin Daes be one of my summer library books??? It's better than quite a few of THEM.

Star Inkbright said...

Hmm. And I gtg now . . . :(

Fours, people. Bbl.

Colleen McGuigan said...

Thank God I checked here before I left... :3 Going to Dublin today to see my big sister, who I haven't seen in 2 YEARS. :0 She told me about Skulduggery, and said I'd love it. I read it and I do. So thanks. :') Okay, well I can't stay too long, 'Cus I'm leaving in half an hour. I hope we go to the zoo xD I was in Dublin last month and we went, but it's always time to go to the zoo. ALWAYS. x3

Nixion Strange said...

Bye Star!

Nixion Strange said...

Hey Val II

Colleen McGuigan said...

Hey :)

Anonymous said...

100th?

Colleen McGuigan said...

Nefarian Penguine (My toy penguin) Shelduggery (My toy turtle) And Chinasaur (My toy dinosaur, that's pink and actually quite cute :3 ) I think that the three of them are rising up against me. They're just STARING at me. Make it stop.... D: IT'S FREAKING WEIRD AS HELL. :P

Colleen McGuigan said...

NOOO!! Shellduggery just killed Nefarian Penguine!! I mean, I know Nefarian Serpine was bad, but poor Penguine did nothing wrong!! D': HE JUST WANTED TO PLAY WITH THE SCEPTER OF THE ICEBURGS, PEOPLE...!! D': Nooo. Now Skulduggery is scolding his turtle companion for killing innocent people-penguins... He just made him face the wall for his bold behavior. :P

Avotica said...

Scepter of Icebergs
Hehehehe

Lynxia Lost said...

*salutes* Yes, sir, Master Derek, Golden God, sir! I shall not read any spoilers!!!

Hey guys!! *hugs*
How is everyone?

Colleen McGuigan said...

Hehe :3 Hi :)

Lynxia Lost said...

Hi Val! I think everyone's poofed... :(

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Hello!

Anonymous said...

hi

Colleen McGuigan said...

Hi guys, and bye guys! :'( Gotta goo :( Meep. :'( *hugs*

Nixion Strange said...

Hi Viv!

Bye Val II!

Lynxia Lost said...

Bye Val!


Val (Ivy Val) go to the Bubble!! You too Nix!

Avotica said...

HELLO
Everyone else was doing it...

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I already did, Lynx!

Anonymous said...

bYE VAL

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

NEVER MIND, YOU HAVE A NEW POST WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Nixion Strange said...

YESS!! IT'S OUT!

Lynxia Lost said...

What is?

Avotica said...

What
I don't understand
The bubble?

Lynxia Lost said...

The Bubble - Lynxia's Bubble (my blog)

Avotica said...

Cool beans. I approve of this blog.

Lynxia Lost said...

This blog as in Derek's on mine?

Nixion Strange said...

Muderers dance. I've been waiting for ages

This is after the prologue, right?

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I have been waiting for this story, Lynx... Waiting very impatiently...

Lynxia Lost said...

After prologue, correct.

Anonymous said...

no The book is here and the libary doesn't have it. But they get a new artemis fowl, cherub and some old book.

Anonymous said...

no The book is here and the libary doesn't have it. But they get a new artemis fowl, cherub and some old book.

Avotica said...

I approve of the Bubble blog
*nods*

Nixion Strange said...

New Cherub? What's it called, because the new one isn't out for another month or 2.

Lynxia Lost said...

Thanks Avotica!

Anonymous said...

they got the prisoner. I meant Henderson's boys

Nixion Strange said...

Oh. I hate that series

Anonymous said...

But they are by the same author

Avotica said...

Hey Jude Law
Don't make it bad
Take a sad film
And make it better
Remember to let yourself into our hearts
Then you can star to make us fangirls


Not at all related to anything unless someone is thinking of Jude Law, which you all are now. So completely related then.
I don't approve f the idea of being a Fangirl... I'm thinking of changing the idea because fangirls usually want to marry the person they are fangirling over... But I don't.. I just appreciate their acting and get really excited when I get to see a movie they're in. Not interested in them personally. I'm such a cold person, don't care about real people only fictional ones.

Nixion Strange said...

I know, but it bores me

Anonymous said...

okay.

Avotica said...

Jude Law should do more villain characters.

Like when the SP movie comes out

There is no if, only when

But not the bad villains.

Though Scapegrace is hilarious

Anonymous said...

Derek I just read the post where schools can do it and my friends already booked to go to Sydney but I am not. NOOO

Avotica said...

School can do what? 0.0

Anonymous said...

Look in the previous post

Avotica said...

Oh I see!
Shame I'm not in Sudney and no longer in school...

Anonymous said...

hello. anybody here?

Anonymous said...

anyway. gotta go for dinner. Good night

Avotica said...

Just me
Alone
With me
No one can hear you scream
Hehehe
Because hearing sounds over the Internet without enabled microphone settings is difficult

Nixion Strange said...

Bye Viv!

Lynxia Lost said...

Bye Vivstar!

Avotica said...

Oh
Not alone
Another one

Unknown said...

I CANNOT wait till you visit Australia. I missed you in 2010 and sulked around for weeks. But now, now I can finally meet you in person. Oh, Mr Landy, how we shall get along! We will get along so well!!! (I'm actually so, so very nervous. So nervous, in fact, I have written palm cards so I know what to say when I meet you in person...)

Avotica said...

My friend may be getting the KOTW book tomorrow
How exciting
I probably won't get it for a few weeks after that
I still have half his SP books
Ehehehe

Avotica said...

Hello fellow person from Narnia!

Can you force feed Derek TimTams when you meet him?

Nixion Strange said...

Narnia?

Lynxia Lost said...

Tim Tams?

Schrodinger's Cat said...

Spoiler- Valkyrie is Darquesse!

Avotica said...

NOOOOOO

Narnia is Australia
Obviously
Even CS Lewis knew this

TimTams are amazing
There was a big debate years ago in which Derek seemed to believe TimTams didn't exist. They do.

Nixion Strange said...

...
*is all hurt*
I'm from Australia and you don't greet me like that...

Avotica said...

That was like, three or four books ago

Schrödingers Cat spoiler: Is it alive or dead? Yes.

Avotica said...

Have I greeted you?

I don't recall...

I like people from Narnia

Nixion Strange said...

No, you haven't even greeted me!

Avotica said...

Hello Nixion Strange, fellow Narnian

Do you enjoy TimTams and eating pancakes with Vegemite?

Nixion Strange said...

Everything but the vegimite on pancakes

Avotica said...

Oh good. Because vegemite on pancakes is just wrong.

It attracts drop bears and makes your pet kangaroo very angry.

Nixion Strange said...

Are you teasing the non Australians?

Avotica said...

No. I'm just depressed because I don't have a pet kangaroo. I have a pet cockatoo but it's nowhere near as fun.

Lynxia Lost said...

I actually have no idea what you're on about! What's vegemite?

Avotica said...

Vegemite
Tim Tams

Nixion Strange said...

... How did you do that?!

Lynxia Lost said...

Okay, Tim Tams sound nice but I will hate vegemite as I detest marmite.

Avotica said...

It's a HTML tag where you put (a href="URL")Word(/a)
Except it's in the cool pointy brackets

Nixion Strange said...

I'm confused

How do you do it? Step by step

Avotica said...

They were originally going to call Vegemite "Pawill"

Avotica said...

So you've got a website you want to share

So you copy it

And you go to the comments section and you type a pointy bracket that I can't do because it will think I'm coding, but you know tape ones I mean?
And then you type: a href="the website" and then another pointy bracket and then the word you want the link to be and then another pointy bracket with /a

Avotica said...

Tape? I meant to type the... My auto correct has a really weird brain

Nixion Strange said...

What pointy bracket? Just put it once by itself

I'm still confused...

Nixion Strange said...

Oh. Okay
Let me try this

I'm awesome/a>

Nixion Strange said...

It's not working at all. I'm sorry, but you're not really making sense to me

Mary Contrary said...

Okay. Thirty-Five days.
I can wait that long.
I can manage without urging the clock to go faster.
Maybe.
If you provide other material to read, *coughblogpostscough* then, yeah, I can manage. Hopefully.

Besides, I have two other books to read in the meantime. If I can manage to stretch them out over five weeks.
Or, get some other books.
Maybe reread Death Bringer, just to refresh.
Maybe this won't be as hard as I'd thought.

Oh, Derek? I have an extremely important question.
Amazon doesn't state the release of the Kingdom Of The Wicked Paperback, for the UK. And by the laws of having my Skulduggery Pleasant books match (as much as is possible), I need the Paperback, rather than Hardcover.
In my experience, the release of Paperback Covers comes a while after the Hardcover editions.
So just wondering how much longer (ish) I'll have to wait?
Thanks. ^-^

Nixion Strange said...

< a href=https://www.google.com.au/>Google/a>

Nixion Strange said...

Okay, so what am I doing wrong in that?

Avotica said...

This might do a better job explaining

Kribu said...

Nixion - you have to type the link like this:

(a href="put the entire website address here, with the http and www and all that")type the word or name or phrase that you want to display as the link(/a)

Except that for ( you have to use < and for ) you have to use >

And you can't put spaces between the brackets and the other characters - that's what you did wrong in your example (and also you left off the < in front of the end tag).

Avotica said...

You need quotations marks around the URL and close the end one so it has two pointy brackets around it
You're getting it though

Taia, you should speculate with me. I'm curious and want to make up crackpot theories about Valkyrie's reflection like I did back in the day... *wavy lines*

Nixion Strange said...

I did exactly as you said this time, but it said tag not closed

Avotica said...

Kribu explained it well

I am bad at explaining things...

Nixion Strange said...

I'm doing it exactly, exactly as you said. I know I'm doing it right now...

Avotica said...

That's really odd...

Did you look at the other link I put up there?

Nixion Strange said...

Google

Avotica said...

It worked!
Yippee!

Nixion Strange said...

What the hell? I just did it, but the link part of it isn't working


I did, but what you're saying and that website is saying is different, so I'm ignoring the website

Avotica said...

Well.. Wait... It worked in my email... What...

Nixion Strange said...

No it didn't, there's no link! It doesn't go anywhere! It's just the word Google!

Mary Contrary said...

You had crackpot theories about Valkyries reflection too?
And I'd always thought I was alone in that...

And, I feel I should try the Link thing, too...
Hm.
FFIX's Soundtrack is awesome:3

Avotica said...

I don't understand D:

Nixion Strange said...

Tell me, does this go anywhere to you?

Nixion Strange said...

Hey, it worked that time!

Lynxia Lost said...

I gotta go now! Bye guys! *hugs*

Mary Contrary said...

That goes to the Google of Australia, Nixion. ^^
Looks like it worked! :D

Lynxia Lost said...

Golden God dang it!!!

Now I have to ded...

Ah, screw it - I have to go. I give Nix ded rights. *hands ded rights to Nix then shadow walks*

Avotica said...

I am obsessed with Valkyrie's reflection
She is Stephanie
It's a completely different person
I don't particularly like either of them but Reflection/Stephanie is worse because I always think of pink
Was that in the first book where the reflect wore pink?
But it's definitely going to do something evil
Ever since they shot her
Seriously
It wants revenge
It wants it's own life
It's something different
I WONDER IF IT COULD FOOL SKULDUGGERY
I WONDER IF IT COULD TRAP VALKYRIE INSIDE THE MIRROR

Niamhy Jay said...

I would just like to say I agree with something Val V said in a comment WAY WAY earlier about releasing the book at the same time!
Is this just punishment for those who went to the Edinburgh book Festival?
IT IS ISN'T IT!! I knew it. I knew one say that trip would come around and bite me in the rear end and this is how!
Having to wait 36 now 34 days after the Aussie's to get KOTW.
They will taunt us poor poor Irish minions with knowledge of the book.
We will hide to keep away from the knowledge but still they shall torture us... Telepathically.

Yeah that was a bit melodramatic BUT YOU SEE MY POINT!
Also Answer my question from the Previous post, if you haven't already.

Also, have you got your copy now?
You said in another post that you didn't. But that was a few days ago. Things can change. So do you?
If so, care to lend it to me??
I am the worst person for patience. Just sayin like.

Yeah.
*walks away*

Nixion Strange said...

What?! You can't leave with with this!
Bye Lynxia, the leaver of ded rights to me, which I do not like!

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 4879   Newer› Newest»