Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Vague Tour Dates, Carano and Rousey

For those of you wanting to know tour dates and locations, I should have them soon.

I mean, I have them NOW, like, but I'm not going to tell you what they are until they're finalised. I simply can't. What if, for example, I mentioned that my publishers are thinking of sending me to a town near you, and you organise your mates to go along, and start making plans, and then a week later I announce that, actually, we're going to be missing out on your town because we simply don't have time to visit?

That would suck, would it not?

So, I'm keeping them to myself for the moment. I've just sent an email off, checking on when I can announce, and hopefully it'll only be a few days.

As it stands, though, and without getting into too much detail, I think I'm spending 4 or 5 days in New Zealand, and then about 10 days in Australia. I'll be visiting a lot of cities I've been to in the last tour, while also adding some new ones. Right now, my main focus is making sure I get to spend enough time at each particular location, but this timetable is TIGHT... I just don't want to get into a situation where I have to rush to the airport when there's still 50 people waiting to get something signed...

And then the Ireland/UK tour kicks off. Unlike previous tours, where I was gone for 10 days, we're only going to take the first three weekends in September, in order to fit in as many big signings as we can.

The kind of tours you go on tend to change DRASTICALLY depending on how your books sell. When you're starting out, or when your audience is smaller, writers get sent to a load of schools in order to get the word out. Then, if they're lucky enough for their books to catch on, the schools come to THEM, in theatres or community halls or whatever. And then, if they're REALLY lucky and their books have an established audience, the best use of their time is these huge public signings, where they get to meet as many readers as possible. It's frantic, it's hectic, sometimes only one book can be signed per person, but the whole point of it is to send everyone away with a smile on their face.

Except me, of course. By the end of these signings, I can no longer smile. My face-muscles tend to melt.

This year is going to feel weird because I'm not going to Germany, like I've done every year since 2008 or so. The reason for this is because my German publishers want me over early NEXT year for one of their festivals, so all you German readers will have to wait just a little longer...

Speaking of festivals, I've got a few coming up. I'll be at the Dalkey Book Festival on the 17th of June in Dublin, I'll be in Cheltenham in October, and... okay, I have a few others that are apparently unconfirmed, so I'll wait until I know for sure before announcing them.


Hmmm... I'm thirsty...


Do I have anything of interest to say to you? I'm trying to think...

I've been watching a few movies, ever since I finished the book. Watching some TV. The Avengers kicked all kinds of ass. Words cannot express how much I loved that movie.

The Grey surprised the hell out of me. Wow.

Dexter is its usual brilliant self.

I'm loving how much Game of Thrones is being loved by the general public.

Umm... is that it? Is that sincerely all I've watched?

Actually, the only other show I've been watching is the only reality show I'd EVER watch, The Ultimate Fighter, where all these fighters train and fight in order to be awarded a contract with the UFC. Mixed Martial Arts is just terrifying to watch because your favourite fighter might be winning round after round after round, and then he makes one tiny mistake and the fight is over. Not even boxing is as nerve-wracking as MMA.

But to my mind there is one thing cooler than MMA- and that is Women's MMA. I've mentioned Gina Carano before- she was in Haywire, some of which was filmed in Dublin, and she's going to be in the next Fast and Furious movie- and she began her career as an MMA fighter. As you can probably tell by my books, I have a healthy respect for women who can fight, and Gina Carano is probably one of my favouritest women in the world right now.


And my other favouritest person is Ronda Rousey, the current Strikeforce Women's MMA champion. From what I've seen, Rousey is wonderfully upfront and honest, and if you have a few minutes, go on You Tube and take a look at her fights. I say a few minutes because most of them end within the first 60 seconds or so. Her armbars are AMAZING.

Do yourself a favour, though, and look at the Miesha Tate fight LAST. And only if you have a strong stomach. Honestly. The way that arm bends back on itself is just stomach-turning.

In one of the books, I can't remember which, Val looks at Tanith and wishes she had shoulders like hers. 

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you those shoulders. 




4,869 comments:

1 – 200 of 4869   Newer›   Newest»
Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

FIRST!!!!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

HI DEREK!

NOM Ominous said...

hi derek!!!

NOM Ominous said...

damn my sweaty fingures

NOM Ominous said...

just the sweat... Ulp

Raechel Hudson said...

Hello all! Oh, cool. I'm up near the top again! Hi Derek!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Hmmmm... The only show I watch that you ever watch (well, the only show I watch in general), is the AMAZING Doctor Who (which I watch because you mentioned it, by the way), so I don't know what you're talking about...


And I'm sure you do know this, but Val tells Tanith she wants shoulders like hers in Mortal Coil. I've read it at least 6 times, so I would know...

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Yay! I'm not lonely anymore!

Raechel Hudson said...

Goodness I hope he comes to Townsville on his Autralian tour. I have very much wanted to meet Derek for a long time lol

Raechel Hudson said...

Also. I watch Doctor Who too. If you like the doctor, you might also love Walter Bishop. He's on of the main characters from an awesome sci-fi show called Fringe. I totally recommend it.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I wish his publishers would send him to America...


*COUGH Derek should beat them with a spoon until they send him to Seattle COUGH*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Well, I don't have cable, so I really have to make an effort to watch Doctor Who in the first place... Good thing I own the fifth series. *hugs box of Doctor Who episodes*

Fiona Valkyrie said...

13th!!! yaya!!!

Fiona Valkyrie said...

so... HI! Derek! I've never been this close to the top, before, I've got a fly next to me and I'm...trying...to KILL IT!! DIE GODDAMMIT YOU STUPID FLY!!!

I need wither Tanith or an MMA chick right now!

NOM Ominous said...

Ya me too, val. I either borrow movies/shows from friends or find them online, usually on youtube.

NOM Ominous said...

I gotta watch those fights.

Raechel Hudson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fiona Valkyrie said...

Okay, so I watch Sherlock (on DVD now!), Touch, Glee, New Girl and old TV shows. I'm waiting for new seasons of stuff right now, I'm in that sad time when the telly schedule is re-adjusting :P
Will you go to America, Derek? Like, New York, or Seattle, for Val?
And you won't be touring in Ireland while I'm there. Sad, I wanted to see you there. *sigh*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Derek, this might be annoying, but... I'm an annoying person. Anyway... STORY!

Valkyrie Cain sat down at Skulduggery Pleasant's laptop while she waited for Skulduggery to pick out his hat, which took a surprisingly long time, so she decided to go to Google and type in her name.
She was shocked at the amount of results there were for "Valkyrie Cain". She kept seeing one name, and they seemed to know a lot about her, so she clicked on a link.
The link took her to a website called, "Derek Landy Blogs Under Duress". She frowned. How did this guy know so much about her? "Hey Skulduggery," she called, "come look at this. I think we're being... I think we're being stalked."
Skulduggery walked in. He was wearing a black pinstriped suit and a black hat. "Stalked?" he asked. "By someone other than Caelan? Who is it?"
Valkyrie didn't even look at him; her eyes were glued to the screen. "All these people. There's someone named Amanda Moore, Sparky Braginski, Flame Phoenix, Kribu, Kallista, Crystal Darkflair, Mar-Chu, nights.raven, Octaboona, Pyro, Mistical Future, Rosella Embers, Invisible Fly... There's tons of them, all Bloglanders, following this website... There's so many more... Wait." She looked again. "They all seem to, like, love this Derek guy," Valkyrie said. "He's the one who posts these things, then tons of other people comment on it. There's so many people..."
Skulduggery came over to where Valkyrie was sitting. He looked at the screen, then hesitated. "That's really odd," he said. "How could these people all know about us? Are they mortals?"
"I can't tell," Valkyrie said, staring at the posts. Derek Landy. She needed to remember that. She looked a little closer. "Hey, this girl, Valkyrie V., she's... She's obsessed with us. Look!" Valkyrie pointed.
Skulduggery looked at where Valkyrie was pointing. He was shocked, Valkyrie could tell. She was pointing at some of the comments "Valkyrie V." had posted.
"This girl had a party on your deathday, Skulduggery. I mean, it say that she even had a cake. Apparently, October 23rd is this Derek guy's birthday also." She scrolled to the bottom of the page and clicked on "Home". She started scrolling down, then shrieked and leaped out of the chair. Skulduggery looked down at Valkyrie in shock, then looked at the screen and he screamed too.
They were staring at a post called, "First Competition Ends!". There was a photo in that post, and in that photo Valkyrie saw herself, except it was when she was 12. "I never took that photo!" she screamed. "How on earth am I in that photo?!"
Skulduggery didn't move. He just stared. "I don't know," he admitted, speaking slowly. "Are you sure you never took that photo?"
"Yes I'm bloody sure!" Valkyrie shouted. "I have no clue who any of those other people are!"
Skulduggery went back to Google and typed in "Derek Landy". Skulduggery made a sound, a sound of surprise, and read it aloud. "Derek Landy is an Irish author, known for his book series called 'Skulduggery Pleasant', about a sharply dressed skeleton and his dark-haired partner, Valkyrie Cain..." He trailed off. He turned to look at Valkyrie. All the colour had drained from her face.
"Valkyrie," Skulduggery asked cautiously, "are you going to faint again? Do I need to catch you?" She gave a small nod, then closed her eyes and started falling. Skulduggery rushed over and caught her, moved her to the couch, then went back to the computer and started reading again.

Raechel Hudson said...

So jealous of your boxed sets. I first began watching the Doctor when episode six came on TV. Then I borrowed the rest of the sets from a friend and absolutely binged on it lol. I am so addicted lol. I have a Tardis mug, the 10th's sonic, Doctor Who pin buttons, red converse sneakers like Tennant's, a fez, a Bad Wolf t-shirt that I made myself, a tardis satchel bag that I also made and a Tennant plushie a friend knitted for me lol. Here are some of the links if you wanted to check them out lol. I'm very proud of them. http://raechi-cherie.deviantart.com/art/Doctor-Who-Bad-Wolf-Tee-287826411?q=gallery%3Araechi-cherie%2F13992327&qo=10 http://raechi-cherie.deviantart.com/art/My-Tardis-Satchel-267493217?q=gallery%3Araechi-cherie%2F13992327&qo=23 http://raechi-cherie.deviantart.com/art/My-Tardis-Cosplay-2011-262418914?q=gallery%3Araechi-cherie%2F13992327&qo=29 Oh, and I also live here - http://raechi-cherie.deviantart.com/art/My-Tardis-254373918?q=gallery%3Araechi-cherie%2F13992327&qo=32

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Valkyrie woke up to Skulduggery poking her arm. She looked at him, then looked at the ceiling. "Was all that real? With the stalkers, and the photo?"
"Unfortunately," Skulduggery said, pulling Valkyrie to her feet, "it was real. Very real. A little too real. And I've found Derek Landy."
"Are we going to go after him?" Valkyrie wanted to. She needed to figure this out.
"Yes, we are. We're leaving. Right now."
About thirty minutes later, the Bentley pulled up to the mysterious Derek Landy's house. Skulduggery activated his facade and got out first, checked that it was clear, then beckoned for Valkyrie to join him. They approached the door. Skulduggery knocked three times, then stepped back and waited for an answer. A few minutes later, a man came out. Valkyrie thought he looked pretty cool.
"Hello," Skulduggery said. "Are you Derek Landy?"
"I am," Derek Landy replied. "And you are...?"
"I think you know," Valkyrie said. "We saw your website."
Derek thought for a moment, then nodded to himself, then realised who was standing in front of him. He looked at them. "Are you guys seriously Skulduggery and Val?"
"We are," Skulduggery said, tapping the tattoos etched into his collar bones, and his face flowed down, leaving his gleaming skull visible. "May we come in?"
"Yeah, sure," Derek said, then lead them into the living room. He sat down and grinned. "So, how are you guys? Saved the world recently?"
"Oh yes," Skulduggery said. "You know, the usual stuff. Bad guys, monsters, dark gods... Same as always. Until earlier."
"Earlier," Valkyrie said, "was when we saw your blog. 'Derek Landy Blogs Under Duress'. We were wondering, because we found it ever so slightly odd, how come you know so much about us?"
Derek hesitated. He looked at them both. "You guys really don't know?"
"We don't have the slightest idea," Valkyrie said, "and the only thing we could come up with is that you're stalking us."
"Stalking you?" Derek laughed. "No, no, I'm not stalking you. Skulduggery, do you have any thoughts? You are a detective."
"I wish I did," Skulduggery said, "but I honestly have no clue."
"Well," Derek said, "what would you do if told you that you're both characters from a book?"
Valkyrie stared at him. "What?!"
"Because you are. I thought of you."
Valkyrie turned and looked at Skulduggery. "Do you hear what he's saying?!"
"I may not have ears, but yes, I do." Skulduggery looked at Derek. "So we're just figments of your imagination?”
Derek nodded slowly. "Basically, yes, you are. But don't worry, I'm obviously amazing, so you guys are too."
"Well, that's good to know," Skulduggery said. "So if you wrote about us, then how come this is happening now? I mean, I don't see a piece of paper and a pen in your hands."
"Oh," Derek said. "Well, I have no control over right now."
Valkyrie frowned. "You don't? Then who does?"
He pointed through the computer screen, directly at me, the one typing the story. "She does. She's one of my Ameriminions."
Valkyrie stared at Derek, then at me. "This doesn't make any sense! How is this happening?!"
"Because I'm making it happen," I said. This was really fun. "I can prove it. Say the name of someone who isn't here right now."
"Um..." Valkyrie said, "Er... how about... the girl in that photo I saw? She'd be interesting to meet, I suppose."
I appeared in the room, behind Skulduggery, Valkyrie, and Derek. "Boo!" I shouted. They all spun around. "I told you, "I smiled.

NOM Ominous said...

I'll bet you a trip to ireland he read that already, val

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Skulduggery looked back and forth from the screen where I was and from where I was standing, in the same room. "How are you in both places?!"
"Because," I said, trying my best not to giggle, "I'm the Narrator, and I'm also a character." I waved to Derek. "Hi! I really, really, really, really really want to meet you in real life. Too bad we're in entirely different countries. But don't worry, I'm working on going to Ireland and finding you, just you wait." I looked at Valkyrie. She was looking at me warily. "What? You asked for the girl in the picture, so I came."
"But," Valkyrie said, "that doesn't explain why there's two younger versions of me - you right here and you as in the Narrator - in the same room."
"It does a little. If you really pay attention."
Valkyrie sighed.
"Hehehe. I made you sigh just now."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, actually, I did, because I'm the Narrator, and I'm also making you argue, because it's funny."
"So," Derek said, "is this getting anywhere? Because, Val V, I think you like to annoy yourself."
"You're right. I do. It's amusing to me, and the audience." I peered at the reader through the screen. "'Sup."
The reader's head jerked back and they made an odd face.
I laughed. "Ha, funny again."
"Well," Skulduggery said, "this has been amusing, but I'm afraid Valkyrie and I have to go, because Valkyrie V is typing that we're leaving now. So bye!"
"Bye," Valkyrie said, following him out the door.
Derek looked at me. "I don't have to leave, do I? After all, it's my imaginary house we're in."
"Hmm," I said. "Well, on account of that, I suppose you don't have to leave. But I'm going. Narrator! We're leaving!”
"OK," I said. And then I - the person in Derek's house and the Narrator - left, causing the story to abruptly end.

Fiona Valkyrie said...

holy crap, Val, I LOVE that!

Raechel Hudson said...

Damned commenting engine won't let me post proper neat little links... *frowny face*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

That's the end! Tada!





And Thrust, even if he HAS read it, I'm putting it here again because it is funny....

NOM Ominous said...

reachi you made that?

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

THanks Fiona :D

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Oh, I have David Tennant's sonic screwdriver! It has the invisible ink stuff so that when you shine the light from the screwdriver on it you can see it :D

Raechel Hudson said...

The ink all dried up in mine before I had opened it! *frowny-er face* But I love it anyway ^_^

Fiona Valkyrie said...

you're welcome!
And you do!! Where'd you get your hands on it?

Raechel Hudson said...

And thanks Ominous :)

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

The ink was dry? That sucks D: But I'm assuming it still had the normal ink to use?

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

You can get sonic screwdrivers on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk... My cousin has River's screwdriver, with the red settings along with the blue ones

Raechel Hudson said...

Yeah, I still have the normal ink. I got mine from a store near here called Gametraders. They sell games and a ton of TV/game merchandise. I hate how every time I walk in there, I am tempted to just buy everything Doctor Who related. I has no monies! *Despair*

Fiona Valkyrie said...

Ah, thanks! I never like Amazon for specifics other than video games because it's usually fake and cheap, or something goes screwy, like with Raechi. Oh, and I LVOE the dorm room door by the way!
I think I'll look at them, I do have giftcard left over.... :D

Fiona Valkyrie said...

poor Raechi, you're living out the typical college dream.... broke college kid, full of obbsession and without the money for it ;) but in all honesty, that sucks D:

NOM Ominous said...

night, guys... :(
And DEREK!
(say hi to mee! please!)

Raechel Hudson said...

Thanks Fiona! :D I spent hours on that thing lol. I think I had a song by Chameleon Circuit on repeat the whole time I was making it. All Doctor Who fans on here right now should go and listen to it. Mr Pond by Chameleon Circuit. Do it. Now. Only if you feel like it of course. Lol -^_^-

NOM Ominous said...

And thanks for posting again!

Reflector said...

hold on - i needa try something...

Izz said...

Guten tag alle!

Happy to be on the first page but also distant as I am working two computers at once right now.
The first one is priority because it's school work.

I can't wait for August! It's moments like these I'm grateful I have relatives in Melbourne.

Reflector said...

you guys can't SEE this right?

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=c40863d7ed&view=att&th=137a0161d693cf05&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&pli=1&auth=DQAAAIUAAAC90WwlbmDDa4xMkkF8oHe31mLmwkQ14EUc05GHQZriVFgSI7KAUdW6JRk7Hut9Qk8EJHoarrVKbwI-c67mJPTo-moRCaW-qDyGpRcqfIL5ydT6kgpO8jCXiGsbIB2oC_DAiPqa_mD4bDFOBdwyCuJDdKLq6NBb2lI9udzDKp0tDwSFHl19QH6YihtMZFbppgs&saduie=AG9B_P-QRigVdXGEyqY7pFvxPOGQ&sadet=1338950148391&sads=o8dFaWIeE7TptFGYBlK_KcEad1A&sadssc=1

Try, and tell me.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I like Blink by Chameleon Circut :D

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

It won't let me see it because I'm not signed into the account that it's from. It would only work for whoever's email that goes to.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Hi Izz!

Reflector said...

don't BLINK
BLINK and you're DEAD
don't BLINK

I started righting that on all the desks and wipeboards absent mindedly...

Reflector said...

Yeah, that's what I knew... k. good. time to make a new blog post i guess...

Izz said...

*waves*
No Thrust. Can't see it.

I hate those Angels though...

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Don't blink.
Don't even blink.
Blink and you're dead.
They are fast, faster than you can believe.
Don't turn your back, don't look away, and DON'T BLINK.


Good luck.

Reflector said...

hi izz

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I wanna be a Weeping Angel for Halloween, and Amanda wants to be a Night Terror... But only if we aren't doing the whole Skulduggery thing again, this time with Caelan and China and Tanith and probably more characters... With me as Valkyrie again, of course.



Will be distant, watching The Wedding of River Song.

Raechel Hudson said...

So, who else here is a writer like our lively Mr. Landy? I am :) And I have a blog of ny own if anyone is remotely interested in reading my mediocre ramblings lol. http://raechelhudson.blogspot.com.au/?m=1

Reflector said...

yeah...

Izz said...

I swear I looked at the title of this post about three times on my iGoogle page before I realised it was a new post from Derek.
*face palm*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Oooh me! I'm a writer!

Well, I have nothing published (except for a poem :) ) but I have a blog...


http://valkyriesstories.blogspot.com/

Raechel Hudson said...

I have nothing published either, but I have finished my first novel, which I hope to get published.

Izz said...

Raechi, I just read your introductiony thingy.
I can't believe you have a TARDIS decorated door! That's amazing!

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could get a lifesized cutout of David Tennant have him just beyond the door? Then every time you come in you could give him a cuddle...

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

They actually make those, Izz...

Izz said...

*stares at Val*
Are you serious?

Reflector said...

they make carboard cut outs of everything...
Search Derek landy..

Raechel Hudson said...

That would be EPIC Iz! I have a friend who has a life sized standing cutout of a weeping angel. Even though I know it's cardboard, if I had one I would be slightly paranoid with it around lol.

Izz said...

I would never sleep if I had one of those in my room...

Izz said...

*is googling lifesized cardboard cutouts of various celebs*

Izz said...

HA! you can get the queen!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I want to get a lifesize cut out of Matt Smith and of a Weeping Angel... But they're a little expensive, so...


But you can buy them on amazon. I happen to get a lot of stuff on there...

ChapterHouse-Reads said...

TOPAH 100!!!

Izz said...

*looks at time*
oh.

I have to go. Lunch is soon and I need to finish typing something for Philosophy.

Auf wiedersehen!

Izz said...

*laughs*
I just have to say I got comment 69

Now I'm gone.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Hahaha...


God, Izz, you make it obvious how immature I am XD

NOM Ominous said...

ribbit
i'm a fox

NOM Ominous said...

my computer crashed cuz I decided to try and find doctor who on this free movie watching site.
And I had about abillion tabs open

NOM Ominous said...

so consider me returned

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Well, hello again, then.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

The first question. The question that must never be answered.

DOCTOR WHO?

nights.raven said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! NEW POST!!! :D

Derek, YOU NEED TO COME TO THE USA!!!

hiiiiiiii everyone! *hands them all cookies*
I can't stay, just thought i'd check to see if he posted before i went to sleep, so, yeah. NIGHT ALL!!!

Raechel Hudson said...

I are returneth too! Been lunching and laundry-ing. Anybody else on here a writer?

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Hi/bye Raven!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I am, like I said. I'm writing a book. The main character is a thirteen year old murderer, based off of me >:D

nights.raven said...

ok, before i go, had to answer this :P

im working on a book as well.
the drafts of the first 2 chapters are on my blog.

ok, now i really gotta go to sleep, night all!

hi/bye val!

NOM Ominous said...

Everyone on here is talented at something. A are also so YOUNG!
I think I'm good, but I'm not sure if I compare.
Maybe I should start writing a story or something and see.
Raise your hand and then tell me you raised your hand if you'd read my story... as in one I've written.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*raises hand* I've read one. Not sure which one, though. It was a while ago...

nights.raven said...

ok, i am finding it extremely difficult to leave here.. i wonder if i should just stay on here.


*raises hand* i would read ur story, thrust, and im sure many others would as well

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*thinks* Speaking of stories, I should probably write chapter 10...

nights.raven said...

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! :D

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Write chapter 10?

nights.raven said...

yes

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I can't right now... I'm watching Doctor Who... *eyes are glued to screen*

Raechel Hudson said...

*raises hand* I'll give it a go. I'm currently working on a new novel. I haven't written anything yet, except a few pages of notes. It's really disracting actually. I'm supposed to be working on the sequel to the novel I've actually finished. Bu noooo, my brain has other ideas. *grumpy*

NOM Ominous said...

Ok... posting new post in ten.. nine.. ah screw the countdown- new post. Not a story.. just a new post for the sake of posting again.

nights.raven said...

well, when u can, go write chapter 10 :D

and Raechi, you've already written a book? AWESOME!
yeah, i hate when brains stray from your plan, its very annoying

NOM Ominous said...

Val, how did you find thick enough glue to reach your eyes across your nose?

nights.raven said...

okie, thrust

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I got the glue from some aliens a while ago... Want some? *chucks a bottle at Thrust*

NOM Ominous said...

Cool. I plan on using it on my brothers.
*thinks*
Just kidding. My brain is dead.. God..

Raechel Hudson said...

Thanks Raven! It was a lot of hard work... And it's taken forever. But I am very proud of it :)

nights.raven said...

im sure its a great book :D

NOM Ominous said...

I wanna write something...
Then PUBLISH it.
that wouold be cool.

nights.raven said...

that would be AWESOME!!!!
thats what i wanna do :D and im sure pretty much everyone on here who is writing hopes to be published at some point

NOM Ominous said...

yeeeahhhhh
*happy thoughts*

NOM Ominous said...

did you guys see the post... And by post I mean the pic.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

My friend's mom's friend works for a publishing company, so once I finish my story I can get it published *happy face*

NOM Ominous said...

My friend's parents do too.
just they wouldn't post my story.
Where I live though, tons of authors just move here to get their books published.
And they don't have to be french books, which surprised me when I found out...

nights.raven said...

thats awesome val! i'm jealous.

and yeah, i saw the pic, thrust, it was really cool :D you drew that?

NOM Ominous said...

*publish, not post.. damn i am tierd

NOM Ominous said...

Yeah, thanks raven

nights.raven said...

why dont u go to sleep?


*is really wishing she lived near publishers or knew someone to get her book published*

nights.raven said...

thats awesome!!!
i wish i could draw like that, but i cant draw anything, and i mean that very literally, i cant draw a THING :P

Raechel Hudson said...

I'm pretty good at drawing too, if I might say so lol

NOM Ominous said...

I... will..
Val you saw the pic? good/bad/caca/awesome

Haha, I just remembered my english teacher today, talking to us, he said "Idon't give a caca"
From his mouth it was intensely hilarious, cuz he also always stresses the As in words, like... cl-aaass.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

That's a cool drawing! On my first blog (the bringingskulduggerytothemasses.blogspot.com one) I posted some of my paintings and a drawing or two on the latest post...

nights.raven said...

lol thrust

NOM Ominous said...

Cool art Val!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Thanks :D

NOM Ominous said...

I should take this silence as an opportunity to leave, but instead i'll post a comment.

Raechel Hudson said...

Oh look! Another comment!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

"We're fighting ourselves. This is insane!"

"Yes, and it's about to get even more insaner..er. Is that a word?"



Hahaha

Raechel Hudson said...

Who else thinks that Valkyrie's reflection is gradually getting more suspicious?

nights.raven said...

me!

NOM Ominous said...

I doodled down a story about the twilight style vampires (even though I have no clue what that is, I guess I mean not the skulduggery type.)So it's funnyish
Is THAT even a word?

Raechel Hudson said...

I think that it's gradually growing a will and a mind of it's own. Maybe with this mind, it will get magic as well... Wouldn't that be creepy?

nights.raven said...

it is now

nights.raven said...

that would be very creepy, but it would also explain how Val becomes Darquesse

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

The reflection is going to be a traitor... I know it!


Speaking of creepy things that look exactly and have all your thoughts and memories... Anyone who watches Doctor Who: the gangers (from the Rebel Flesh and The Almost People) are almost exactly like reflections...

NOM Ominous said...

OOOOHH!
I Had a dream that I knew the reason for the whole reflection thing. It was confusing and I can't explain it, but I sorta know the idea.
Then the dream turned into this other one where I ditched class to go to another class taught by the most boring teacher in the school. My friend who was also ditching told him I was new, even though the teacher shoulda recognized me from his classes, he asked me my name and I said something like roberto... (That's not my name, btw)

NOM Ominous said...

In my dream, the reflection helped out somehow, again can't explain it, got the idea, not letting go, so I don wanna confuse myself. I like remebering dreams

nights.raven said...

wow, val.

@thrust, wow, creepy, yet cool at the same time.
and lol for the other dream, playing a prank of the teacher? :P

nights.raven said...

i like remembering dreams too, cuz most of the time they are EPIC!! :D

NOM Ominous said...

Ya
I had a dream I knew what those monster guys were ont he cover of sp7 then they took of their heads which were helmets, and i realized i didn't know what they were cuz on the cover they were hairy and in front of me they were metal-ish.
(the were in shadows like on the cover)

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

My dreams are all insane... The other night I dreamed that Matt Smith was in my kitchen, making cookies or something, and he kept hugging me to the point where it was incredibly awkward... And then I walked into the closest room and Derek was there, but he was playing with a bunch of black ink (I'm fairly certain that there was an octopus next to him) and he was covered in the ink and he had Fletcher hair. He was delirious or somthing because he was laughing like a madman and he started flinging ink at me... Odd dream

NOM Ominous said...

Then I had this dream that skulduggery brought me and a few other people i knew to a huge big university type school in the knight bus.

nights.raven said...

interesting idea

nights.raven said...

lol val

NOM Ominous said...

I had a dream... derek... that's all I can remeber.
Then I had this other dream... it's super awkward, so I'll wait until you guys make me tell it to you... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Raechel Hudson said...

TELL US. NOW. OR THERE WILL BE NO COOKIES FOR YOU.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

There won't be any cookies anyway; I ate them all when I joined the dark side...

nights.raven said...

lol val

NOM Ominous said...

Here's a story I wrote. I made it up as I went along. I tried to be as vague as possible. It's style of writing is based on all those children books that are weird. well Idon't know about that, but I remeber that when I was writing it I was thinking of simple children books cuz i read one to my brother.
Wow I haven't gone on this computer's Word for a while, time to look through my old stuff.

NOM Ominous said...

Once upon a time there was a monkey named Rino. He was small, brown, and annoying. Every day he would go to the bars of his cage and hammer his head between the bars until the sun set. Whenever someone would come over to look at him, they would get splotched with gooey, hot, phlegm.

NOM Ominous said...

One Monday, a man in a white coat came by and took him. He mentioned meaningless words to him, patted his scraggly fur, and put him back, and left him to bang his head some more while the man walked away, holding his head.
Tuesday, while Rino was eating, his break from smashing his head, he heard a noise and a yell, but Rino didn’t think about that for long, his food was good.
After eating Rino was too tired to go bang his head so he went to sleep, his head between the bars of his cage.
He had a dream that was mostly black, but it had sounds, and a little movement. There were yells in it and loud noises.
He woke up the next day while having his head violently rammed out of the cage bars, which didn’t hurt Rino a lot. Rino couldn’t see who was gripping his fur tightly, but that hurt. The out of view person was yelling at the man in the white coat, and he didn’t look so happy.

NOM Ominous said...

The man in the white coat made a gesture with his head, and before Rino was about to yell about his fur being pulled too hard, the grip loosened and he fell to the hard, cold flour.
Rino looked up to his cage, longingly. And then the man was there. He offered his hand to Rino. He steadily took it and stood upright, shakily.
Rino was not used to not banging his head for so long. He stretched out towards his cage, the man picked it up. Rino heard shouts, but the man took it anyway.
+ + +
Rino was never out of his cage for so long, nor had he ever been this far from his usual atmosphere. Rino saw many things.
The man and Rino walked through a couple of doors and they enter a dark room.
The man walked around something, Rino at his side. Suddenly lights flared and something roared, but the roaring passed.
The man looked down and Rino and then picked him up. Rino was placed on top of something soft, and the cage next to him. Rino looked at the cage but then he was jerked sideways as the car moved. Light spread over the car and blinded Rino for a moment, but that passed and now Rino was seeing many new, beautiful things.
A really, really long time had passed but Rino didn’t notice; he was too busy staring out the window to care.
The man turned on some music and the monkey felt relaxed. Then he remembered his cage.
He tried to get the man’s attention by squealing, but he was too focused on the road.
Rino decided to get in by himself. He started to bang his head into the cage until he got his head through, then he squashed the rest of himself inside.
The cage was slanted in a way Rino didn’t like, but he tried to ignore that as he banged his head.
Rino was feeling a little hungry. He stopped banging his head and sat down. There was no food in the cage. Rino whined, and the man said something.
After a while longer, the man stopped the car. He took the cage out, and Rino spewed out a lot of phlegm.
The man eventually set the cage down on an uneven surface. The man unlocked the cage and waited. Rino was hesitant to get out, but when he did, the man removed the cage before the monkey could have any second thoughts.
Rino sat in the grass, not knowing what he should do next.
The man knelt down and took something out of his pocket. He took a leaf from his hand and poked it at the monkey’s mouth. Rino reluctantly accepted the leaf and chewed it. It was good. He looked up, wondering if the man had more, the man gave him another leaf, and the monkey reached for the man’s hand, where he knew he would find more of the delicious leaves.
The monkey felt tingly, he felt it was something about the leaves, but he couldn’t stop eating them; they were too good. Rino jumped on the man, who dropped the leaves. The monkey dug in, eating every single leaf. Rino felt tingly from head to toe. Suddenly he doubled over. He didn’t know what part of himself to clutch. He fell over and curled up. He felt something weird come along with the pain but he didn’t know what. His vision fuzzed, everything was fading. The last thing he could make out was the man in the white coat backing slowly away. And then everything stopped. Not the world. The pain was gone, and the monkey was back on his feet. But he had four feet, and he was bigger now, he had a different nose too, and he had two long horns that protruded from it… He had completely changed.
Rino saw two trees that looked to be the perfect size and parted perfectly from each other. Rino instinctively lowered his head and charged.

NOM Ominous said...

As for the dream... nah I'm, too lazy and tired to type it.

NOM Ominous said...

Maybe later.

NOM Ominous said...

Maybe later.

nights.raven said...

lol double post

NOM Ominous said...

That story was written maybe 1 1/2 - 2 years ago. I'm looking at the date...i don't think it's accurate. it suggests 1 1/2

NOM Ominous said...

I love double posts. theyre hilarious.

nights.raven said...

sometimes :P

NOM Ominous said...

Cool this computer has my Skulduggery presentation. It was cool, but the end was done half in my sleep, much like i am now.

nights.raven said...

if your so tired, why dont u go to sleep?

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I did my sciene project on Skulduggery Pleasant... I'm pretty sure I got an A- or so on it XD

NOM Ominous said...

val did you read the story-thing

nights.raven said...

awesome!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Yes it was awesome :D

NOM Ominous said...

I saved the skulduggery file as SO,,,OP

NOM Ominous said...

Thanks :)
Now, raven, I shall go to bed.

nights.raven said...

night thrust! sleep well!

Bryan Lye said...

so you coming to singapore :)

~get my hopes up

nights.raven said...

hi bryan

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Going now, bye!

nights.raven said...

ok, i gtg to sleep now, night all!

srry to leave u alone, val *hands a cookie*

The Sweet said...

The Shoulders!

nights.raven said...

lol okie nvm :P
night val!

nights.raven said...

lol okie nvm :P
night val!

nights.raven said...

bye all! will try and be on before 5000
*hands everyone whos on a cookie* bye!

Shaylin Adams said...

oh wow... look at thoses shoulders, they are umm big and muscley?

When is the book coming to Australia? It would be awsome if it was released early (fingers crossed)

And i read somewhere on the blog that you think we have funny accents, well touche Derek because u should here it from out angle! Its hilarious XD

Just a quik question, you said in Dark Days that when Skulduggery blew twin continuess flames from his hands like flame throwers, Val didnt even know that. Well i was reading Playing With Fire he did that same thing... did anyone else pick that up? or am i just crazy?

Shaylin Adams said...

^sorry :( i mean "Val didnt even know that was possible"

Jaimie Szostak said...

I hope he tour's somewhere near me

Jaimie Szostak said...

yeah i think i noticed that as well but i just though i'd read it wrong

Lynxia Lost said...

YAY!! New post, now I just have to read it...

DEREK!!!!!! IF THERE IS A SP MOVIE, JOHN WILLIAM, HANS ZIMMER OR NICK PHOENIX HAVE TO WRITE THE MUSICAL SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynxia Lost said...

OK, I'm alone, I think...

First 3 weeks in September!! I'll be there. I don't have anything else to do except probably h/w but that can wait!!

Lynxia Lost said...

Oh, and Game of Thrones is AWESOME Derek!! I love it, I must read it soon...

Lynxia Lost said...

Hang on... *reads last few sentences again*

DEREK!!!! ARE YOU SAYING THAT RONDA ROUSEY WILL BE PLAYING TANITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????

MissyNiamh said...

Please Derek Landy, come to the Dymmocks in the city.
You know the really large one.... Or come and meet me... Either would work.

You know what would be really cool?
If I could figure out why people watch the pride and the prejduce if they know me Darcy ends up with whatsy face????

Serena })i({ said...

You must come to SYDNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Necromancynz said...

He must come to Dunedin!!!!!

Necromancynz said...

I can't believe those muscles.
So envious

Lynxia Lost said...

Hey Necro!

Necromancynz said...

Was that spelt right?

Lynxia Lost said...

What was spelt right? Envious? Yes, yes it was.

Necromancynz said...

Hello,
Cool profile!

Necromancynz said...

P.s Thanks

Lynxia Lost said...

Thanks and it's ok.

So, how are you Necro?

Necromancynz said...

The picture looks a bit like Luce from the fallen series.
Have you read them?

Eve the ROCK said...

Hi!

Lynxia Lost said...

No, sorry I haven't.

Hey Eve!!

Eve the ROCK said...

Hehe. Lav and Star are on the other post for some reason xD

Necromancynz said...

also cool profile

Lavender Hope said...

Yeah, cause I had no idea!

*pouts*
Now I'm going to read the post...

Lynxia Lost said...

Are they? I'll go get them.

Eve the ROCK said...

Who has a cool profile?

Necromancynz said...

Going to update profile

Lynxia Lost said...

Me, apparently.

Lynxia Lost said...

1?

Lynxia Lost said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Necromancynz said...

P.S you

Lynxia Lost said...

Yay!!

I dedicate this page to the tour!!

Unknown said...

Hi Derek,

Have always been a great fan of the Skulduggery series and can't wait for the next addition to the series. I'm a university student and, I won't lie, was reading the books during a lecture one time.
Really sad that I'll miss you in Cheltenham this year, I'm doing my second year of the degree in Perth, Australia - so will most likely have to somehow see you next year. When I'll be a year older...And I am getting pretty old.

Eve the ROCK said...

I hope Derek comes to Adelaide...I don't believe he went last time....maybe if I'm lucky....agh.....


Omigosh that was Mortal Coil, Derek!!! And those are AWESOME shoulders. *wants those shoulders now*


AND THE AVENGERS KICKED ASS, FACE AND LEFT EARLOBE!!

Lynxia Lost said...

No spoilers eve, I'm seeing it today!! *sits with hands over ears*

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 4869   Newer› Newest»